I'm F...ed Up...

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
The Lone Ranger

Post by The Lone Ranger »

8) This is getting scary Danny, it is starting to frighten me all this agreement, it's just too much too fast. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS NEXT STORY..... :twisted:

Had a rotation over 2 hours yesterday....first time in months....any way the bar owner heard 2 people complaining about me....they are a husband and wife....the complaining was done for everyone siiting at their table to hear....the complaint was how unfair I am and I have always been unfair to them.....THIS IS TOTAL BS.....they didn't expand on why I was unfair....just that I was and always have been...

26 or more singers and only 2 people complaining?....

Nobody sang more than them....they were not skipped....they were the first singers in the rotation....so everyone was put in after them...which would be the end of the rotation technically speaking....

I am totally confused as to why they think I have deliberately been unfair to them...

I suspect they may have been taken care of at other shows because other shows don't get many good singers.....

I DON'T PLAY FAVORITES REGARDLESS OF THEIR TALENT OR POLITICAL OFFILIATION OR RELATIONSHIP TO ME OR THE BAR OWNER OR BY HOW MUCH THEY SPEND....THESE 2 JUST HAPPEN TO BE CHEAP

That said I also don't screw anyone regardless of my personal feelings for or about them.

The question now is ...should I confront them or let it go.....he is not in the best of health for several years now.

But if there is anything I hate it's being accused of things I didn't do.

Plus these 2 have big mouths meaning they are blabbing at every karaoke show within 100 miles....damaging my reputation...with false accusations....or vivid imaginations... :evil:
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

I run into people like this once in awhile. I don't confront them but if they get loud about it I will make an announcement loud and clear that "I have a long list of singers and that's why you have to wait so long. If anyone feels they are being treated unfairly please come up and talk to me about it personally".

There is nothing you can do about what they say at other shows but people like this typically complain everywhere they go and nobody takes them seriously.
The Lone Ranger

8) Oscar Wilde once said "The only thing worst than people taking about you is not talking about you". It implies that your not very important if you don't get any kind of response. All hosts run into the problem of singers wanting the mic in their hands every 30 minutes or so. If the wait is over an hour they loose interest and to fill the time the tongues start wagging. As a host you have to run the show, that is what you are getting paid to do. In a way that is why I liked DJ'ing over Karaoke hosting, then I have more control of the situation. The money is usually better and you don't have to put of with the divas.

A person that decides to become a karaoke host cannot have a thin skin. Also you have to come to grips with the fact that you are not going to make everyone happy. If one of these patrons is in declining health, that could be a reason for their complaints. Just by the fact they are not feeling good, they could be trying to spread the misery around. All you can do is your best job and try to avoid mistakes. After every show I try and go over in my mind and see if there is someway to improve the service. Having a perfect show with no problems and everyone happy is sort of like having a perfect run down the mountain with skis, or the perfect wave surfing, those times are few and far between.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Updated update... :lol:

Trouble is there every time I do a show...He stays a little longer each time...Doesn't come near me and won't sing...

I suspect he's there to have people ask him why he isn't singing...so he can tell them a huge story about my hosting style...

Last 2 times he would have really been mad at me as the the rotations were over 2 hours long....
The Lone Ranger

8) Be thankful that you have packed shows, any complaining then just sounds like sour grapes on his part. I wonder if he is doing it on purpose to try and influence a host change that would be better for him? You have a lot more to worry about if you were not drawing believe me. There is an old saying in the German army "Victory has a hundred fathers defeat is an orphan". As long as you are making money for the venue any owner or manager with any sense would not monkey with a successful show. The time to be concerned is when you have no patrons, then the complaints carry more weight.
djBe

Post by djBe »

ROTATIONS are one of the biggest debate points among KJs, I am what you call a read-the-room kind of host. If my all-night-long singers have already sand three-five times, I expect them to welcome some new talent slipped into the rotation...i try to promote camaraderie over competition, and also try to get my singers to dance to the singing of others so it's not just a waiting process between their ups. I follow the no-one-sings-twice before-everyone-sings-once rule, as far as slipping in new singers within a rotation i consider who is in he rotation, how many times they have all sung, and whether the newcomer is a regular or just a cruiser. In the end NO ONE at my shows sings any more or less than anyone else who has been there a similar amount of time. Like I said, it's all reading the room...and going 100% strict 100% percent of the time can cause issues too...as for the OP, walking out on a gig because of some asswipe just means the asswipe costs u money, i'd work around it.
Visit my page on FB....Karaoke Karolina. Check out my store/studio/art gallery AXXTACY GUITARS & GEAR M-F 2PM-7PM, 5285 Main, Shallotte, NC. 910-795-9083