Song ownership proof

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
Bigdog

Song ownership proof

Post by Bigdog »

Zoom just announced the end of songs on CD+Gs. Only down loads....for sale.

Now the big question...the IRS only requires keeping a receipt for 7 years....

What happens if we would lose our receipts as proof of song track ownership? We will no longer have a disc to show as ownership.

wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

I was beginning to wonder if you were still alive Bigdog. :) Just keep a copy of the receipts on the hard drive with your songs.

New karaoke music is getting hard to come by. Pop Hits Monthly is the latest manufacturer to call it quits. Is Sunfly the only company releasing new music?
mr.dj

Post by mr.dj »

wiseguy wrote: Is Sunfly the only company releasing new music?
Back in production for disc or downloads.
All Star Karaoke August 2014 Pop and Country Hits (ASK-1408)
Mr Entertainer is another still supplying disc.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Bet you never thought you'd be glad to hear from me.... :lol:
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Still alive barely working...nobody is showing up on Sundays...tuesdays not much better... Smoking crowd is going strong...but they're killing me with second hand smoke...I turned down an old steady good paying job because it's a smoking bar. I just don't want to be smoking steady... :lol: I quit once 5 years ago.... Now lack of attendance is killing my wallet. Huge pay cut....

The demand for karaoke songs could be dropping past the point of no return. Companies can't afford to keep taking losses... I think if the new music wasn't so crappy more people might still wnt to sing. I hear very few new songs I want to sing.

Seems like the new music is turning into a new type of disc/dance music and crap rap. I'm not holding out much hope for the future of music. Getting way more sexually oriented.

The good news is the bar owners are still as stupid as ever... :roll:
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Seems like the only good new music is coming from the country genre these days. I have found four new country songs that I now do at my shows. Hardly get to do them at other shows as they haven't updated their libraries to include the songs. One bar uses only one brand of music and that is because he streams his shows.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

There is very little music I want to waste my money on..... Everyone wants to sing new country or Metallica... :roll:
The Lone Ranger

Post by The Lone Ranger »

8) Is it really that important to be able to flash a disc, anymore? I hosted for over 18 years and was never asked where I got my music from, unless a patron wanted to purchase a certain song. With SC being sued by Sony for it's GEM library not being kosher, just how much longer will they even be concerned about piracy? No other label seems to be interested in suing, in fact most have gone the way of the buffalo. Making golden oldie shows more attractive all the time, I don't like much of the new music anyway.