New KJ, I have some questions

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
wiseguy
Site Admin

Re: New KJ, I have some questions

Post by wiseguy »

The Lone Ranger wrote:8) Well it is the day after St. Patrick's Day, I don't mind telling you I had some dark beer and Irish whiskey yesterday. I also dusted off the speakers and did a show for the local American Legion of which I am a member. The corn beef and cabbage was moderately priced at 5.00 a plate. I sang some songs that only get played once a year and then go back in mothballs.

Behind the scenes the President is telling political backers that they should get behind Hillary, and close ranks. As far as Sanders is concerned it is all over it would seem. It would make sense for the Democrats to close ranks now, and appear to be the adults in the room. The political knife fights will continue with the Republicans until the convention, it would seem. I saw an article where California could be the deciding battle ground for the GOP. With 174 delegates it would be an even bigger prize than Texas, it is practically the last primary of the current season.
A Sanders nomination is not an impossibility yet. Of course if it does become an impossibility Sanders should bow out and throw his support to Hillary. One good thing about a Clinton nomination is that her super pacs will tear Trump apart. She's not as nice as Bernie.

The Lone Ranger

Post by The Lone Ranger »

wiseguy wrote: A Sanders nomination is not an impossibility yet. Of course if it does become an impossibility Sanders should bow out and throw his support to Hillary. One good thing about a Clinton nomination is that her super pacs will tear Trump apart. She's not as nice as Bernie.

8) One good thing about Bernie is, he said from the start no third party. Ralph Nader cost the Democrats Florida doing that and we got 8 years of Bush II. I'm not so sure Hillary or Trump will get torn up to badly from negative adds. Both of their approval ratings are in the toilet, and both already have had the kitchen sink thrown at them, Hillary for years, and Trump in the latest mass of ads from the Republican elites. For both of them the negatives are already baked into the cake. It doesn't matter to his or hers supporters, the only ones that are undecided is the independents who vote in the general election, that might be swayed. It would seem, however if Trump gets the nomination he will lose the minorities and women's vote just for starters. I can't see too many Muslims voting for him either.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Well, I have good news and bad news... My voter registration change came in the mail...I switched parties just in time... I was going to vote for Sanders to help defeat Clinton, but I figured my vote for Trump will be more important... :D since a vote for sanders would be wasted at this stage of the game... Too bad because Sanders probably has less dirt in his background than Hilary....Trump has many things to help defeat Hilary...his biggest trouble will be where to start...

That said... Trump needs to tell the GOP <Good Old Politicians.> that the time has come for major changes.... Second, he needs to tell the old timers that if he doesn't get the nomination fair and square...everyone that blocked him will lose their jobs in the next election..and it could easily happen because the loyal supporters are so mad... So they will have to decide whether to get behind him and keep their jobs or buck him and lose their reelections. Tough choice....

On the subject of the Supreme Court nominations... Why would anyone pick liberal or conservation judges?..... How can that be a fair and impartial ruling from them?

If I want judges I want them to all be down the middle that fully believe and understand the constitution without being left or right. Interpret the constitution as is was written and intended... Not what they think is good for their particular political party... Judges should be indepenants...with no political OFFILIATION whatsoever..
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Bigdog wrote:Well, I have good news and bad news... My voter registration change came in the mail...I switched parties just in time... I was going to vote for Sanders to help defeat Clinton, but I figured my vote for Trump will be more important... :D since a vote for sanders would be wasted at this stage of the game... Too bad because Sanders probably has less dirt in his background than Hilary....Trump has many things to help defeat Hilary...his biggest trouble will be where to start...

That said... Trump needs to tell the GOP <Good Old Politicians.> that the time has come for major changes.... Second, he needs to tell the old timers that if he doesn't get the nomination fair and square...everyone that blocked him will lose their jobs in the next election..and it could easily happen because the loyal supporters are so mad... So they will have to decide whether to get behind him and keep their jobs or buck him and lose their reelections. Tough choice....

On the subject of the Supreme Court nominations... Why would anyone pick liberal or conservation judges?..... How can that be a fair and impartial ruling from them?

If I want judges I want them to all be down the middle that fully believe and understand the constitution without being left or right. Interpret the constitution as is was written and intended... Not what they think is good for their particular political party... Judges should be indepenants...with no political OFFILIATION whatsoever..
There's something very important that you don't understand or fail to accept. Trump supporters make up just 40% of one third of republican voters. The rest hate him like any rational, non-bigoted, non-racist, person would. He would damage the Republican party more if he were to get the nomination than if he were blocked from it. He has alienated every minority as well as women and many religions. Trump does not have a snowball's chance in hell of becoming president. He has done more to hand the Democrats the presidency than the Democrats have.

Yes, in a perfect world all the SCOTUS justices would be totally non-biased and non-partisan. Even then they would have to make decisions based on their interpretation of the Constitution. No ruling they will ever make will ever seem "fair and impartial" to everyone.
The Lone Ranger

Bigdog wrote:Well, I have good news and bad news... My voter registration change came in the mail...I switched parties just in time... I was going to vote for Sanders to help defeat Clinton, but I figured my vote for Trump will be more important... :D since a vote for sanders would be wasted at this stage of the game... Too bad because Sanders probably has less dirt in his background than Hilary....Trump has many things to help defeat Hilary...his biggest trouble will be where to start...

8) You mean the way crossover Democrats voted for Kasich in order to keep Trump from taking Ohio? Sanders is virgin woods, he can be attacked the reason he hasn't been is because the right is more afraid of Hillary than they are him, I think they are underestimating him, just like the left underestimates Trump. Both inspire their bases, and rally people to get out and vote. Although this time around the increased voter participation so far is with the Republicans. How much of this increased participation is crossover voting is anyone's guess? All of Trumps weakness's are out there, and so are Hillary's, either you like them and support them or you hate them, both have low favorable ratings.

Trump is trying to reach out to the GOP elite, but he is so different from anything anyone has seen, it has kept many career office holders from supporting him. It is a totally new GOP base that is media created, it is more isolationist, less free trade, more afraid of immigrants, more concerned with keeping Social Security and Medicare intact. Positions totally at odds with the old elite GOP principles. They also are in favor of having the rich pay their fair share, so the ninety nine percent is alive and well on the right also. The good old boys of the party would like nothing better than to steal the nomination from Trump at the convention. If they succeed it would cost them the election, both up and down the ticket, and probably the Supreme Court for a generation. The stakes are that high. Personally I feel they have no good way to go, and they might as well hold their nose and take their ********, and except Trump.

Oh by the way judge Merrick Garland is a middle of the road moderate nominee to fill the Supreme Court vacancy. He would be approved if any other President had put him forth, that is how much the Republicans hate the President. They even have the nerve to say if they lose the election they will approve him in the lame duck secession, before the Democrat takes office. This is out of fear that the new President will even put forth someone more liberal and unacceptable to the right. What a bunch of baloney.
The Lone Ranger

wiseguy wrote: There's something very important that you don't understand or fail to accept. Trump supporters make up just 40% of one third of republican voters. The rest hate him like any rational, non-bigoted, non-racist, person would. He would damage the Republican party more if he were to get the nomination than if he were blocked from it. He has alienated every minority as well as women and many religions. Trump does not have a snowball's chance in hell of becoming president. He has done more to hand the Democrats the presidency than the Democrats have.

Yes, in a perfect world all the SCOTUS justices would be totally non-biased and non-partisan. Even then they would have to make decisions based on their interpretation of the Constitution. No ruling they will ever make will ever seem "fair and impartial" to everyone.

8) Even though it is a small part of the total GOP, one has to concede that this small group is committed and will get out and vote in the general election. That is provided their candidate Trump is the standard bearer. In a general election where around 2% of the vote can make the difference between victory and defeat, every group is important. All of this talk of stealing the nomination from Trump, or running a third party is just talk. If the elites were to do either it would insure the Democrats win and win big in November. For years the GOP has played to the selfish interests of big business, and ignored it's base. Now the base has revolted and have rallied around the Trump banner, exposing to the rich and powerful the type of people have come to represent their brand. They don't like what they have themselves have created and want to smash their finished product. It's too late to do that, however, and hope to put up some kind of effective election effort in the Fall. Garland is considered middle of the road and would be confirmed if any other President had nominated him.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

The Lone Ranger wrote:
wiseguy wrote: There's something very important that you don't understand or fail to accept. Trump supporters make up just 40% of one third of republican voters. The rest hate him like any rational, non-bigoted, non-racist, person would. He would damage the Republican party more if he were to get the nomination than if he were blocked from it. He has alienated every minority as well as women and many religions. Trump does not have a snowball's chance in hell of becoming president. He has done more to hand the Democrats the presidency than the Democrats have.

8) Even though it is a small part of the total GOP, one has to concede that this small group is committed and will get out and vote in the general election. That is provided their candidate Trump is the standard bearer. In a general election where around 2% of the vote can make the difference between victory and defeat, every group is important. All of this talk of stealing the nomination from Trump, or running a third party is just talk. If the elites were to do either it would insure the Democrats win and win big in November. For years the GOP has played to the selfish interests of big business, and ignored it's base. Now the base has revolted and have rallied around the Trump banner, exposing to the rich and powerful the type of people have come to represent their brand. They don't like what they have themselves have created and want to smash their finished product. It's too late to do that, however, and hope to put up some kind of effective election effort in the Fall. Garland is considered middle of the road and would be confirmed if any other President had nominated him.
It can pretty much be taken as fact that the presidency cannot be won without at least 40% of the Latino vote. And it certainly cannot be won without the support of women voters. Just the fact that Trump has alienated those two groups, not to mention several religions, is enough for me to be sure that he has no chance of winning no matter how many of his "committed" supporters come out to vote. I will be shocked if he doesn't lose by the largest margin in U.S. presidential election history.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

I will admit that Trump has said some things that made me shake my head...but in the big picture he has the momentum ...the in-fighting is fracturing the party more than things Trump has said... It could very well get Hilary elected... But I think Trump is the only one that could beat Hilary...he will chew her up by relentlessly attacking her record, the Benghazi thing...and past business dealings. This isn't just about Trump...it's about getting reelected and keeping jobs or trying to..
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Bigdog wrote:I will admit that Trump has said some things that made me shake my head...but in the big picture he has the momentum ...the in-fighting is fracturing the party more than things Trump has said... It could very well get Hilary elected... But I think Trump is the only one that could beat Hilary...he will chew her up by relentlessly attacking her record, the Benghazi thing...and past business dealings. This isn't just about Trump...it's about getting reelected and keeping jobs or trying to..
The Republican party has been throwing everything they can at Hillary for years knowing that she would be running for president this year. Everything is just old news now and people are numb to it. What hasn't been happening for years is Trump's personal life being dug into and put on display by merciless groups like the Clinton super pacs. I don't think the Donald's ego can handle it. Then when he has to engage in a debate with an actual intelligent politician he will be exposed for the idiotic blowhard and liar that he actually is. Do you know that fact checkers have found that he tells the truth less than 5% of the time? Do you know that he would never be able to do virtually any of the things he says he will do?

Who are you talking about getting reelected?
The Lone Ranger

wiseguy wrote: The Republican party has been throwing everything they can at Hillary for years knowing that she would be running for president this year. Everything is just old news now and people are numb to it. What hasn't been happening for years is Trump's personal life being dug into and put on display by merciless groups like the Clinton super pacs. I don't think the Donald's ego can handle it. Then when he has to engage in a debate with an actual intelligent politician he will be exposed for the idiotic blowhard and liar that he actually is. Do you know that fact checkers have found that he tells the truth less than 5% of the time? Do you know that he would never be able to do virtually any of the things he says he will do?

The simple fact is this is going to be a contest between two of the least favorable nominees of all time. They both have considerable baggage they bring with them. The Donald has not gone unscathed by the super packs of Republican ruling elite. They have been spending millions on trying to stop him with little effect. He has said things that would have ended the career of any other political figure. Yet nothing has stuck to him so far. To my way of thinking the negatives have all been baked into to their cakes, and only the swing voters at this point will be swayed one way or the other. You can look forward to one of the dirtiest, low down, misleading national election that will be one for the history books. The angry masses aren't really interested in facts, they just want someone to tar and feather, and they don't really care who it is. Trump picked up Arizona and Cruz Utah and the beat goes on.l
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

The Lone Ranger wrote:
wiseguy wrote: The Republican party has been throwing everything they can at Hillary for years knowing that she would be running for president this year. Everything is just old news now and people are numb to it. What hasn't been happening for years is Trump's personal life being dug into and put on display by merciless groups like the Clinton super pacs. I don't think the Donald's ego can handle it. Then when he has to engage in a debate with an actual intelligent politician he will be exposed for the idiotic blowhard and liar that he actually is. Do you know that fact checkers have found that he tells the truth less than 5% of the time? Do you know that he would never be able to do virtually any of the things he says he will do?

The simple fact is this is going to be a contest between two of the least favorable nominees of all time. They both have considerable baggage they bring with them. The Donald has not gone unscathed by the super packs of Republican ruling elite. They have been spending millions on trying to stop him with little effect. He has said things that would have ended the career of any other political figure. Yet nothing has stuck to him so far. To my way of thinking the negatives have all been baked into to their cakes, and only the swing voters at this point will be swayed one way or the other. You can look forward to one of the dirtiest, low down, misleading national election that will be one for the history books. The angry masses aren't really interested in facts, they just want someone to tar and feather, and they don't really care who it is. Trump picked up Arizona and Cruz Utah and the beat goes on.l
Trump's current supporters are idiots. They don't give a damn about facts, or that virtually everything that he says is a lie, or that there is no way he can do the things he says he will do. He just says what they want to hear and like the morons they are they eat it up and think he's great. I'm banking on the majority of the Republican voters not being that stupid. Regardless, Trump cannot win without a large percentage of the minority vote. There's not a chance in hell of that happening. He'll probably do worse with women than any presidential candidate in history. I have not seen any anti-Trump commercials yet. What opposition he has gotten from the GOP is nothing compared to what the Clinton super pacs will do to him. When he has to get on a stage and debate policies with Hillary (or Bernie) he will be humiliated.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Bigdog wrote:I will admit that Trump has said some things that made me shake my head...but in the big picture he has the momentum ...the in-fighting is fracturing the party more than things Trump has said... It could very well get Hilary elected... But I think Trump is the only one that could beat Hilary...he will chew her up by relentlessly attacking her record, the Benghazi thing...and past business dealings. This isn't just about Trump...it's about getting reelected and keeping jobs or trying to..
Out of the three remaining Republicans only Kasich has polled better than Hillary. If I had the feeling that Kasich was going to be in the race by the time CT votes I would switch parties just to vote for him.
The Lone Ranger

wiseguy wrote: Trump's current supporters are idiots. They don't give a damn about facts, or that virtually everything that he says is a lie, or that there is no way he can do the things he says he will do. He just says what they want to hear and like the morons they are they eat it up and think he's great. I'm banking on the majority of the Republican voters not being that stupid. Regardless, Trump cannot win without a large percentage of the minority vote. There's not a chance in hell of that happening. He'll probably do worse with women than any presidential candidate in history. I have not seen any anti-Trump commercials yet. What opposition he has gotten from the GOP is nothing compared to what the Clinton super pacs will do to him. When he has to get on a stage and debate policies with Hillary (or Bernie) he will be humiliated.

8) Well wiseguy most of the so called experts said the Trump would be long gone by now, and he is not. His message of Nationalism mixed with populism has found fertile ground among the angry white blue collar workers, who have been left behind. The so called Regan Democrats. The Republican party has sown the seeds of their own destruction. The elites keep screaming bloody murder, but primary after primary draws them closer to the convention and the gaping abyss. They have a choice either fall in line like they have done before and support the choice of the voters, or tell their base the votes they cast are meaningless, and the party will select the nominee. So much for the Democratic process. The other alternative is just as bad Ted Cruz. So the choice is either The Donald, or lying Ted. These choices just get worse as time goes on. If Hillary wins she will be in the same shape as Obama, oh that's right she is white, so maybe things won't be quite as bad. If the Republican Party retains control of the Congress and Senate, then it could be a very long time before that vacancy on the Supreme Court is filled.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

The Lone Ranger wrote:
wiseguy wrote: Trump's current supporters are idiots. They don't give a damn about facts, or that virtually everything that he says is a lie, or that there is no way he can do the things he says he will do. He just says what they want to hear and like the morons they are they eat it up and think he's great. I'm banking on the majority of the Republican voters not being that stupid. Regardless, Trump cannot win without a large percentage of the minority vote. There's not a chance in hell of that happening. He'll probably do worse with women than any presidential candidate in history. I have not seen any anti-Trump commercials yet. What opposition he has gotten from the GOP is nothing compared to what the Clinton super pacs will do to him. When he has to get on a stage and debate policies with Hillary (or Bernie) he will be humiliated.

8) Well wiseguy most of the so called experts said the Trump would be long gone by now, and he is not. His message of Nationalism mixed with populism has found fertile ground among the angry white blue collar workers, who have been left behind. The so called Regan Democrats. The Republican party has sown the seeds of their own destruction. The elites keep screaming bloody murder, but primary after primary draws them closer to the convention and the gaping abyss. They have a choice either fall in line like they have done before and support the choice of the voters, or tell their base the votes they cast are meaningless, and the party will select the nominee. So much for the Democratic process. The other alternative is just as bad Ted Cruz. So the choice is either The Donald, or lying Ted. These choices just get worse as time goes on. If Hillary wins she will be in the same shape as Obama, oh that's right she is white, so maybe things won't be quite as bad. If the Republican Party retains control of the Congress and Senate, then it could be a very long time before that vacancy on the Supreme Court is filled.
I agree, Cruz is much worse than Trump and even more likely to lose the general election terribly. I've been doing a lot of reading of articles by some of the statisticians (Nate Silver is my favorite) who are following Trump's chances of winning the 1,237 delegates to clinch the nomination and the consensus seems to be that he will fall just short on June 7. This is even if he wins big where he is expected to. If this happens I fully expect the GOP to deny him of the nomination. After all, that's been their goal for awhile now. Since when has the GOP given a damn about the Democratic process.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

:wink:
wiseguy wrote:
The Republican party has been throwing everything they can at Hillary for years knowing that she would be running for president this year. Everything is just old news now and people are numb to it. What hasn't been happening for years is Trump's personal life being dug into and put on display by merciless groups like the Clinton super pakcs. I don't think the Donald's ego can handle it. Then when he has to engage in a debate with an actual intelligent politician he will be exposed for the idiotic blowhard and liar that he actually is. Do you know that fact checkers have found that he tells the truth less than 5% of the time? Do you know that he would never be able to do virtually any of the things he says he will do?

The republicans that are up for reelection in the near future that are trying to block Trump and are not going to back Trump if he gets the nomination. I wouldn't vote for anyone that tries to block him...
Trump knows how to negotiate from his many business dealings....bringing our jobs back from China and Mexico and India and South Asia....our lost jobs are created by those businesses.... Same thing...you do that and we'll do this.... If it takes increasing the tariffs because they subsidize their business to make up the loses...No way we can compete..
Many polls show Hilary beating Trump...but He hasn't started on her yet... He hasn't needed to yet...he will if he gets the nomination and I wouldn't want to be her... Her record sux... She's a bigger liar than Ted...more untrustworthy .... Killed people on her watch...from inaction...