Have any used Vocopro dtx 9900k Mixing Amp?

Your comments, questions, or opinions on any karaoke related hardware.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
airwater

Have any used Vocopro dtx 9900k Mixing Amp?

Post by airwater »

Hi all,

I'm looking to set up a new system.
For the mixing amp, I planned to get VocoPro DTX-9900K 720W Digital Key Control Mixing Amplifier. Is this item any good? Havn't heard it in person.

For the speakers, I'm stuck between BIC Acoustech Home Theater System and Vocopro Piano-5 Karaoke Speaker Package

The vocopro speaker package doesn't include an subwofer.
On the other hand, I'm afaid that the Bic acoustech package is design for home theater.

Would like to hear your comments.
Thanks you all.

wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Hi airwater and welcome to the forum!

By the speakers you are looking at I have to assume that this will be a home karaoke system as opposed to a professional mobile one. VocoPro makes good mixing amps and the DTX-9900K is no exception. It should do a very good job as part of your home system.

By no means should you go with the BIC Acoustech, or any other, home theater system speakers. They will not handle the vocals of karaoke. The Piano-5 system would probably do a decent job, but personally, it wouldn't be my choice. I would opt for something like the BMB CS-450V 450 Watts Professional Speakers, the RSQ SR-350 350Watts Professional Karaoke Speakers, or a pair of JBL JRX115 PA Speakers. You really don't need a subwoofer although you can always add one at any time.
airwater

Post by airwater »

Thanks, WiseGuy,

The information is very helpful. You are right, it home use.
I'm still a little confuse as to why a audio system can only handle one task (as in home theater or karaoke) and rather not both. It seems as if loud speakers with big wofers are suitable for karaoke. If that is the case, would home theater tower speakers with 6" wofer be able to withstand vocals?

A friend of my insisted that I get two separate audio system for the the two purpose. But then, I don't think I want to burn a hole in my wallet and have 10 speakers in one room.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

The vocals of karaoke demand a heavy duty PA speaker to sound right. The vocals will also very likely damage typical stereo speakers, especially those with satellites, and will sound distorted at best. A good set of karaoke speakers will sound equally well with karaoke and standard audio. No need for two separate speaker systems.
airwater

Post by airwater »

Thanks, again, Wiseguy.

I'll stick with the vocopro mixing amp and speaker
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

airwater wrote:Thanks, WiseGuy,

The information is very helpful. You are right, it home use.
I'm still a little confuse as to why a audio system can only handle one task (as in home theater or karaoke) and rather not both. It seems as if loud speakers with big wofers are suitable for karaoke. If that is the case, would home theater tower speakers with 6" wofer be able to withstand vocals?

A friend of my insisted that I get two separate audio system for the the two purpose. But then, I don't think I want to burn a hole in my wallet and have 10 speakers in one room.
While most home theater systems will handle the music itself, they were never designed to handle Live Vocals and the highs from some one screaming can easily blow the speakers of a home unit but some screaming might not effect the pro speakers that wiseguy is suggesting. Different intended use for different speakers. One handles music from the cds or vcds or dvds fine but doen't handle the highs and lows of live vocals well while the other handles both without doing damage to the equipment.
airwater

Post by airwater »

Dan

That was what my friend was trying to tell me.
That karaoke speakers can also be a home theater system but not the other way around. It seems like he is right.