Cdg of Gary Stewart

Can't find a certain song? Maybe someone here can help.
Naomi

Cdg of Gary Stewart

Post by Naomi »

Where is all of Gary Stewarts' CDG ? I have been on line to all Karaoke sites and found one song. I 'm looking for Empty Glass or any of his music.

wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Here are all the karaoke songs released by Gary Stewart and the discs they're on.

Drinkin' Thing - Sound Choice Brick - SCB47555-05
Out Of Hand - Sound Choice 70's/80's Country - SCSP8525-11
Quits - Sound Choice Spotlight - SCSP8610-04
She's Actin' Single - Sound Choice Spotlight - SCSP8335-01
Whiskey Trip - Sound Choice Spotlight - SCSP8558-03
Your Place Or Mine - Sound Choice Spotlight - SCSP8642-10
Naomi

Post by Naomi »

Thank you!!! I'am not sure why it did not come up when I went on line at Sound Choice. It did give me one, She's acting single. I truly appreciate your help.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Thank you!!! I'am not sure why it did not come up when I went on line at Sound Choice. It did give me one, She's acting single. I truly appreciate your help.
You're welcome. The Sound Choice search engine stinks. You're better of using the Ace Karaoke or ProSing song search.
Naomi

Post by Naomi »

I agree! I have become frustrated with Sound Choice, It always comes back no results. Ace has been my choice so far. I appreciate your reply and will look at ProSing. I've been in the Karaoke business a year now and learning alot as I go. The hardest part are the singers that come in 30 minutes before the bar closes and want to sing, and you have 25 singers already that's been buying drinks all nite that support the bar's entertainment. I elimate myself and try to get them up but it's hard to explain to them when they are drunk.
Thanks, Naomi
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

The hardest part are the singers that come in 30 minutes before the bar closes and want to sing, and you have 25 singers already that's been buying drinks all nite that support the bar's entertainment.
This is a problem, especially when your show runs later than those at competing bars. Some people will spend the entire night at another place and when the karaoke ends they hurry to your show and expect to sing. I put an end to this long ago. If I have enough song requests turned in to finish off the night I simply will not accept any new ones in the last half hour. I also collect up the songbooks at this time. Some may go to the management and complain, and sometimes the management may tell you to go ahead and let them sing. You must stand firm in the way you run your show no matter what anyone says. I will quit a place before I will allow them to dictate how I will do things. If you are completely fair with your singers you will gain their respect and acquire a large following of regulars who will show up wherever you perform. This alone will guarantee your success.
Naomi

Post by Naomi »

Dear Very Wiseguy,

I will follow your advise, it is so good to talk to someone who is honest and objective to my Karaoke Show issues. It's hard to get local opinions of other KJ. We have two shows, Fri and Sat at one bar and the crowd is growing bigger every week. We haven't branched out yet,
my day job is also very important.
Thank you,
Naomi
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

We haven't branched out yet, my day job is also very important.
I can relate to the day job plus karaoke. I had a full time day job when I started my karaoke business. It worked out well as long as I was only doing weekend shows. But then I started getting calls for weekday shows to the point where I could easily book up six nights a week. I had to decide which job to keep. It really wasn't that hard of a decision as the karaoke paid much better and required less actual working hours. So I quit my day job and have never regretted it. Of course I'm not suggesting that you do the same, that was just my experience.

I started my karaoke tutorial site www.karaoke-tutor.com To offer help to those who are trying to get a karaoke business going. This forum is part of that project and a great place to meet nice people like yourself. There are other members of this forum that are very knowledgeable karaoke professionals that will also offer their advice. You might have noticed that we often disagree on certain issues but that is what a discussion forum is all about.

Anyway, I wish you the very best with your karaoke business and please feel free to ask any questions you have or to join in on any of the discussions.