Karma question

Discuss CD+G's, VCD's, song book creators, and any other karaoke related software.
tommy62

Karma question

Post by tommy62 »

I am a newb here. Making the transition from disc to laptop. How long does the free download 2016 Karma stay active? Like it so far bout wanted to try it live before buying

wiseguy
Site Admin

Re: Karma question

Post by wiseguy »

Who knows? The website is as worthless as the software. Customer support is reportedly horrible. Try something else like JustKaraoke, Siglos Professional, or Video Hoster. All are better than Karma.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
tommy62

Post by tommy62 »

Thanks. Looking at JustKaraoke
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Better purchase quick as tricerasoft is being sued by Sony. They might not be around much longer depending on how long the lawsuit for distributing illegal tracks to the USA goes on. AS of November 2015, they were supposed to get rid of zoom, sunfly and SBI tracks. They followed the law with Zoom and Sunfly but as yet they haven't dropped SBI content.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

TriceraSoft software isn't going anywhere.
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

Hi guys,
sorry I haven't been online for a while but I spotted this thread and had to pitch in with my two penn'orth.

As Wiseguy might remember, I am very much a Karma fan and had absolutely NO issues with Latshaw systems, that previously owned the rights to Karma.

He mentioned a few other programs and I'll comment as follows;

Just Karaoke is excellent and does pretty much everything you migt want from such software. It also benefits by being pretty much the best bang for your Buck.

Siglos Professional is simply a complicated mess and I found it almost unuseable. I wouldn't recommend it to a dog.

Video Hoster, I can't really comment on as I haven't been able to try it.

Karma is, without comment on Video Hoster, easily the best Karaoke Hosting program out there with only one fairly serious drawback. It guzzles processor power and needs a quick PC to be used successfully.

Sandy.
brucekara

Post by brucekara »

ive been using karma for around 5 years and though it does crash periodically recently it crashes almost every show and i have 5 nights a week. what it does it will freeze and the screen will fade to a grey color and i have to turn it off and start over which most times i lose my singers list for that night and have to remember the order that they came in...HASSLE the only thing that has changed is i changed to windows 10 could that be the problem? also i have so many singers in the data base now like thousands could that have affected it. i dont want to lose all the singers and what they sing and the key changes. karma was a very good program but im losing my patience. I WENT FROM WINDOWS 7 TO 10 ON THE SAME COMPUTER.
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

Hi Brucekara,
I can certainly understand your frustration when you moved to Win10.

I had the same issue with a colleagues PC when he shifted to Win10. I eventually had to go backwards with my saved versions of Karma 'till I found one that would run reliably on Win10.

He's had no issues, since, so I'd suggest a different version might work better.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

I disagree with the statement that Siglos is a total mess. I just switched to Siglos from CompuHost and found it very easy to use from the start. The interface is customizable so that you can choose to have what you want on the screen, I have the rotation list, preview screen and filler player playlist on the screen along with the server part of Super Remote Request Tool. Very neat looking as far as I am concerned. I have the actual player controls underneath the rotation window because I have no need to access it. I would recommend this product to anyone who asks me because of the fact that it will pop up a box whenever a singer has no songs in giving me the option to choose from skipping the singer, deleting the singer or putting in a request for them to sing immediately. CompuHost, you have to keep the auto inactivate turned off to even come close to what Siglos does. It just doesn't remind you that the singer has no songs in and will just sit there until you notice that hitting Go isn't doing anything making you look like a total fool. Karma is a good program just don't expect good customer service from its creator.
Paradigm Karaoke

Post by Paradigm Karaoke »

aaannnnddddd....Tricerasoft software is gone.

Dan is right on with Siglos, it does everything other software does and then some, plus it is more customizable and configurable than the rest. been using it for almost a decade.
vbevans

Post by vbevans »

My 2 cents: Been using Karma for about 4 or 5 years. Love the interface, but as someone else pointed out it is a resource hog. It also does not run well on Win 10. Also, Karaosoft (Latshaw's latest company name) is very nearly a one man show, and Mr Latshaw is an arrogant ass. Don't even suggest to him that his product has a problem (which the latest release does). His answer to me was, "I did all the coding myself, and I know it works!" Happy shopping.
Paradigm Karaoke

Post by Paradigm Karaoke »

that's not actually a bad response from him. i know others who mentioned problems or suggestions and he revoked their licenses for it.