Verison advertisement, bad joke!!

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
Nita G

Verison advertisement, bad joke!!

Post by Nita G »

Has everyone seen the Verison advertisement where the guy drops 3 microphones? I believe they should discontinue this advertisement. I have had 3 different stupid idiot singers ask me when can they drop the mic... ugh (by the way, they are cut off after that).. This is not very funny. I own a karaoke business and play at several places on a regular basis. I want my singers to sound the best they can so I have the best equipment I can afford and every song that anyone requests if I can get it. I have hired a musician to host the karaoke, most weekday nights and he is very good at mixing... I also use very good wireless mics and when I have to replace them I pay about $300... I use the rings that keep them from falling off tables by rolling, in case they lay them down, so just about only reason for them need replacing is from dropping them accidently or shaking them... I have very strict rules using my equipment. I have a local electrical tech. attempt to fix them first and sometimes he is able, but still have to replace at least one a year. I tried contacting Version to stop the ads about a month ago.... to no avail... so........ I'm now thinking about starting a class action lawsuit... is anyone aboard?

wiseguy
Site Admin

Re: Verison advertisement, bad joke!!

Post by wiseguy »

The "mic drop" is a fairly recent fad that is being done in all sorts of venues. Stand up comics, rappers, singers, and other performers are doing this all the time. That is where Verizon got the idea from... they didn't invent it. A class action, or any other law suit, against Verizon is just silly. It would be quickly thrown out as frivolous because that is exactly what it would be. If someone intentionally drops one of your mics and breaks it you can take them to small claims court and make them pay for it.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
Paradigm Karaoke

Post by Paradigm Karaoke »

i have seen a lot of people talking about this and in a decade have never had anyone do a mic drop.
The Lone Ranger

Post by The Lone Ranger »

8) It would depend on the age and maturity of your audience as to whether the mic is going to be dropped or not. When I was active in the business most of my crowd was older and would never think of dropping a mic on purpose.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Sorry but the mic drop actually dates back to the 1980's from MC battles of rappers so it didn't just recently start happening. It was done to indicate that what was just said was so powerful that the other person could not have a comeback for what was just said. The media and celebrities have just brought it back to being popular. Nothing original about it.
The Lone Ranger

Post by The Lone Ranger »

8) Not being into RAPP I will have to take your word for that one Danny. :redface: :redface:
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

DanG2006 wrote:Sorry but the mic drop actually dates back to the 1980's from MC battles of rappers so it didn't just recently start happening. It was done to indicate that what was just said was so powerful that the other person could not have a comeback for what was just said. The media and celebrities have just brought it back to being popular. Nothing original about it.
I never made any claim as to when the first mic drop occurred and I seriously doubt that the first time was documented. I said it was a recent "fad" which it is.
Paradigm Karaoke

Post by Paradigm Karaoke »

wow, what groups are you dealing with? my 20-30 something crowd in the ghetto (not literally...but damn close) doing hip-hop don't drop the mic. i have seen other people talking about it as well but if the drunk college kids don't do it, who does?
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

I have never had anyone drop a mic on purpose. The few that accidentally dropped a mic, that has been few and far between, have always been very apologetic without me saying a word. I have only had one mic get damaged and that one can be fixed if I choose to get around to it by buying a new grill.