Connecting Karaoke Machine to DJ Mixer

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
godsy1985

Connecting Karaoke Machine to DJ Mixer

Post by godsy1985 »

Hi guys,

new around here so sorry if this is a stupid question. I have been DJing for a while now and have the full set up running off of a MacBook Pro. Ive had a lot of enquiries to do some karaoke and looking at investing but not sure on the best way to go.

If I was to buy a karaoke machine (cd/dvd) would I be able to connect this to my numark nv2 dj mixer to achieve the sound output? Or is it best to update to Serato video and offer karaoke that way?

Thanks in advance

wiseguy
Site Admin

Re: Connecting Karaoke Machine to DJ Mixer

Post by wiseguy »

I certainly wouldn't opt for a disc player, that's like stepping backward in technology. I know the latest version of Serato will play karaoke MP3+G files, and you could get by using it to perform karaoke, but it will not replace karaoke hosting software. Hosting software has features like digital key control, singer history, singer rotation, and next singer display that make for a more professional karaoke show.

I use separate programs for DJ and karaoke. You might consider using Serato for DJing and a hosting application like LYRX for karaoke.
godsy1985

Post by godsy1985 »

Thanks wiseguy. I've just downloaded the demo of lyrx and it looks good and is cheaper than upgrading Serato so thats a bonus!
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

There's another option for Mac that contains all the features that most of the Windows based software has. I tested it out on a Windows machine and it seems like a good program. If I had found it before I found Hoster, I would have considered it for myself. The price is right,free. www.openkj.com.