New Bose t8s mixer

Your comments, questions, or opinions on any karaoke related hardware.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
mr.dj

New Bose t8s mixer

Post by mr.dj »

Seen this new Bose T8S model mixer pre release offer from my UK supplier
https://www.bose.co.uk/en_gb/products/s ... mixer.html
I don't have Bose speakers but am attracted to this new offering as it has 8 import Xlr's and 2 aux plus usb. Also it can output as stereo, something that the previous tonematch was unable to offer.
I presently use 4 wireless mics with independent controls at the moment plus I use separate channels for main karaoke and background player so the above would suit me well.
There are some room configurations that definately sound better with the stereo setup, like a regular club I work at where most people are seated and the room is long and narrow. The average bar is a different story as lots of people standing and L shaped rooms defeat the stereo image so then I switch to mono.

The other attraction is its compact and lightweight so will make my rig case even easier on my back. :D
What are others thoughts on this new mixer ?

DanG2006

Re: New Bose t8s mixer

Post by DanG2006 »

I use the T1 ToneMatch mixer and love it. I don't mind the mono as I only hope up to one JBL Eon One speaker system. Which is adequate for my needs since there's no venue that I will ever work in where the clientele will surpass the 100 person mark. The bars where I am that would even go for Karaoke aren't big enough to handle more people than that. I have gotten away with less power than the JBL system puts out.
mr.dj

Post by mr.dj »

Well I've taken a chance and ordered the T8S, Estimated delivery to me is 6th to 9th March so hope it lives up to my expectations.
Will post more when I've played around with it.

Danny, if you read this which vocal effect and settings do you find best for average singers with your ToneMatch ?
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

I have only been using reverb but without having the mixer set up at this moment I can't tell you what reverb setting that I have it set to. I was considering going with the T4 but only having one of the JBL speakers makes me wonder if I can run the T4 in mono out to the JBL Eon One speaker system that I have now.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

DanG2006 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:45 pm I have only been using reverb but without having the mixer set up at this moment I can't tell you what reverb setting that I have it set to. I was considering going with the T4 but only having one of the JBL speakers makes me wonder if I can run the T4 in mono out to the JBL Eon One speaker system that I have now.
Having done the research, I have decided to go ahead and get the T4. Found out that one of the 1/4 inch outputs is a mono output which means I can assign the master out to that output and run it in mono until I need to get a second JBL Eon One speaker system.
mr.dj

Post by mr.dj »

I've reverted back to my analogue Behringer QX1222usb mixer after all.
Things I didn't like about the Tonematch T8
1: To use it as stereo output you either have to use the main output knob to adjust the volume which means it is also adjusting the mic outputs.
Alternately the way I configured it was to allocate 2 of the channels to a stereo mix one panned left and one panned right, trouble with that configuration is you have to use both volume knobs at once to alter the volume. That would be easy enough with sliders but knobs you cant really move two in sync with one another.
As I had my Background audio using another two channels that was 4 of the 8 channels used up.
My Behringer has 2 stereo channels each controlled by a single slider.
2: I had the other 4 channels allocated to my mics they worked OK but I prefer to see all the settings like EQ and EFX send layed out in front of me, With the T8 you have to go into different menus for each item, make sure you have the correct edit button selected, by the time you managed to find the setting to adjust the singers half way through their song.
3: I much prefer having sliders to knobs, with a slider its easy to hold two or more to adjust together and visually easier to see the amount.
4: I'm color blind and setting the gain knob works on color changes from green, yellow, red. which I have a job to distinguish so that means going into another menu and checking a bar graph to make sure I'm not clipping.

The EFX were quite good, and there are more settings in regards to compressor, limiter, and gates.
The Behringer has 4 1 knob compressors but the T8 is more configurable.

Probably for a solo singer you would set up and forget but with Karaoke you have to adjust things quickly for each singer.

I'll hang onto it a bit and play around some more with it but at the moment its out of my flight case and just use it for practicing at home with, might re sell it soon.

One Thing I don't like about the Behringer is there no individual EQ for the USB in, there is a 7 band graphic EQ but that effects the whole mix, would be nice with separate EQ on that.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

The adjustments during a song is what made me decide to go back to an analog mixer, in fact I am getting a QX1222USB myself. Going to enjoy using the ULM202USB mics that I have again. The options on these mixers was hard to come by in a passive mixer when I bought the Bose T1 ToneMatch mixer, if I had been able to get one then I never would have gone with the Bose mixer and would also never have tried the Line Array system. Live and learn.