Ran my first show with the new system

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
DanG2006

Ran my first show with the new system

Post by DanG2006 »

Last night I ran my first show with the new system and it went over well. Had a little issue with the Bluetooth but I think that I have that ironed out because I didn't use them the same way that I did at home and the issue that happened at the bar didn't happen at home. But I did achieve something really positive as well. I confirmed that the line array speaker system was too low and that was why I was getting feedback because I raised my new speakers as high as the stands would allow and never had to adjust the main EQ controls because the feedback detection didn't even light up because there was absolutely no feedback all night.

DanG2006

Re: Ran my first show with the new system

Post by DanG2006 »

I have since decided not to bother with the Bluetooth connection. I will be getting subs for use at bigger venues. I recently received a communication from a brand new bar about running Karaoke there. If it works out right, I will become the highest paid host in CT.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
mr.dj

Post by mr.dj »

Tried and abandoned the blue tooth connection myself. I think it must be the amount of bodies in the room that effects it.
Hope it all goes well for you at the new bar.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Looking at an EV ELX200 12SP sub. There's an app that EV has to control the sub via Bluetooth. Does it really work?
Rock River

KJ Pro

Post by Rock River »

Is there ANYONE out there that has a hard copy of the software? I suppose I would need all the updates after the copy as well.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Sorry but KJ Pro is a dead program. I used use Fastracks but that is dead software as well. I don't use songbooks per say. I use online song requests for the most part. I plan on doing a couple of books for singers who don't have smartphones and taking their requests via my tablet/mobile kiosk.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Re: KJ Pro

Post by wiseguy »

Rock River wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 10:36 am Is there ANYONE out there that has a hard copy of the software? I suppose I would need all the updates after the copy as well.
KJ Pro went out of business several years ago so even if you could find the program the database would be antiquated. I actually still use this program to create my songbooks because I like the printing options and I've never trusted any song database. They all have too many errors so I have always entered all my songs manually.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

I use my database to generate my lists. I am going to be going back over my song's tags since that's how I import them into the database which is easier than having to worry about the naming convention of the filenames. I just unzip the song that I download and run it through mp3tag to fix any errors in the tag. Move it into my main database folder, open up my player and hit the update button.