Windows no longer the only game in town for Karaoke Hosts

Discuss CD+G's, VCD's, song book creators, and any other karaoke related software.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
DanG2006

Re: Windows no longer the only game in town for Karaoke Hosts

Post by DanG2006 »

I can't go any higher than 1024x768 as the laptop I have it on is an old Dell latitude d520. Even if it would allow me to get the amount of singers name displayed that I would like, it still wouldn't be what I would choose because of the fact that it would take too many steps to get a buy on the fly download ready to be used. He needs to add a button that will allow me to add a song that is outside the database without having to add it to the database. If I add it right away, I have to redo the entire database when I get home so that the song entered into the database is in the same format as the rest of my library. I don't have my songs zipped. And if I completely redo my database I loose my regulars and song history every show.

DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Ok, he has addressed the rotation issue. Now all is needed is the ability to play a song file from outside the database. I only want to import the song once if I have to into the database.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Okay , OpenKJ has got it going on. They have addressed everything that had issues with. The unstable version has updated its interface to give me a rotation list that I can work with. I can buy on the fly and not have to do the work to get the songs ready for import into the database.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Hoster's and OpenKJ both use songlist generation where you need to have an outside program to print it out. Between the two programs, OpenKJ needs the least work after generation to really get true Professional results.
mr.dj

Post by mr.dj »

Yes it's simpler but not very customisable.
it only prints as a single column and no song or disc id's should you prefer them.

Another thing with Hoster is you can select to print from a certain date range which is handy for tagging the extra pages of songs purchased since printing the full book.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Umm, that may be true for the stable version of OpenKJ but I can print 2 or 3 columns. Hoster's songlist generation requires way too much work after generation.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

I am running Windows on my show computer now. For some reason, Linux wasn't letting me to have my complete library of songs.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Decided to go back to Hoster. Gained the ability to utilize close to 4000 songs including a VCD disc that I have. Can't wait until I can afford to pay for the Party Tyme subscription program. But I am going to have to add a better paying gig to even consider it.