I am done. No more equipment.

Your comments, questions, or opinions on any karaoke related hardware.
DanG2006

I am done. No more equipment.

Post by DanG2006 »

After the fiasco with the digital mixer, all my fault for not being able to figure out how to set everything up without bleeding the mics into the music channel for some reason, never figured out what I did wrong and don't care because my thinking that the digital mixer was defective got me to get myself into a system that I can go to my grave with. SKB R104 rack, Behringer 1204usb mixer, Behringer Ulm300Mic and ulm302mic systems, Rockville Headset mic system, Alto Professional Wireless Speaker System, Lexicon MX100 effects processor and my old power conditioner inside the rack. Outside of the rack a pair of Alto Professional TS308 speakers. An SKB AV shelf for my laptop.

mr.dj

Re: I am done. No more equipment.

Post by mr.dj »

I don't think you can beat the simplicity of the analogue mixers for karaoke. I have Behringer QX1222USB all knobs and sliders directly on view for each channel no delving through menus, no lag controlling. Quick easy to adjust for each singer if necessary.
I tried a couple of digital mixers did not feel comfortable with them.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

I don't think that I'm going to be looking for anymore software programs either. I have had three weeks to figure out that you can pay what you want for software only to find out that the freeware software may be all you really need to run a show. Tale of four shows. Show 1 all softwares are crashing. Reason C drive so full it was kicking out the codecs needed to play the MP4 files. Solution clean install of Windows on C drive.
Put Compuhost and OpenKJ on computer. Loaded codecs. Everything that should have enabled me to run Compuhost successfully. Get to brand new show, same one that I had issues with the digital mixer, First song on Compuhost crash. Tried again crash. Went to OpenKJ and finished the night. Went home and Compuhost behaves as if it was all in my mind.
Did a fundraiser the next week using my new system minus my new speakers that didn't arrive until the next evening after I left for my regular show. Compuhost behaves. That next night Compuhost crashes on me again forcing me to finish the show with OpenKJ again. Moral of the story, somtimes you may think that you Get what you pay for only to find out that you could have been better off with the free player.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Thought I was done. Went to a friend's show that was using the same digital mixer that I have. Inspired me to look at a digital mixer again, this time I wanted one to fit in my slant top rack. Turns out discovering the new Sennheiser units that converts wired mics to wireless got me realizing that the new digital mixer can just sit on top of the table beside my laptop making it the lightest load in of my life, basically my speakers are the heaviest pieces of equipment that I have and my table is still as neat as it was when I was using the rack. It's as simple as plugging in the receivers directly into the mixer, connecting the mixer to my laptop using the USB interface built-into the mixer making sure that the interface is what the laptop is sending its sound through and connecting the mixer to either my speakers or wireless speaker system.
mr.dj

Post by mr.dj »

Still searching for that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow!
The grass is always greener on the other side 😁
Having said that, I made a bid the other day on ebay for a Qsc Touchmix 8, anyway I was out bid so still plodding along with my old equipment.