Karaoke on a Budget - Recs?

Your comments, questions, or opinions on any karaoke related hardware.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
petecheung

Karaoke on a Budget - Recs?

Post by petecheung »

I have a TV and Soundbar setup in my living room (20 x 30), and have a Karaoke source for music and video. I think the other things I need are:

2 wireless microphones
Powered speakers and mixer

The karaoke system is just for family use (wife and 2 toddlers) and a few friends once in a while, so we probably won't be blasting the speakers. With that in mind, I was thinking maybe $500 budget. Any recommendations?

For the audio, is it okay for the karaoke music output to the soundbar and the live music from mic output to powered speakers? Or better to have everything fed to the powered speakers? Just for some initial research, I was looking at the Ion Party Rocker on the low end, or Yamaha STAGEPAS 400I on the high end. For mics, maybe something like these - Fifine UHF Dual Channel Wireless Handheld Microphone. Ideally, for my needs, I'm looking for good (relative) sound but they don't need to be high wattage speakers. I'm definitely a novice so appreciate any help!

DanG2006

Re: Karaoke on a Budget - Recs?

Post by DanG2006 »

Better to send all audio through the mixer and out to the powered speakers, assuming that they are Pro Audio speakers never send live vocals through home audio equipment. I would go with the Stage Pass, myself. You don't need majorly powerful speakers, the Stagepass speakers will be more than adequate for home use.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Re: Karaoke on a Budget - Recs?

Post by wiseguy »

I've been hearing good things about the ZEUS 1000-Watt All-In-One Sound System. You can use it to replace your current soundbar with one that will handle live vocals.