TJ Media Ziller C45- process for song updates?

Your comments, questions, or opinions on any karaoke related hardware.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
jinto36

TJ Media Ziller C45- process for song updates?

Post by jinto36 »

I managed to acquire a TJ Media Ziller C45 machine recently that works 100% and updated the system software successfully after being plugged into a network. However, the song updates ended in 2013. I'm a long-time aficionado of Japanese karaoke but I don't know any Korean, and while the machine interface is in English, the TJ Media websites are not (and are mostly assembled as images, so even Google translate is not effective).

I know that this machine uses a different update approach than the TKR- series, and unfortunately it seems that most of the discussion on TJ Media updates in English is for that series. I know that updating will require payment, but I'd like to at least know how much that would be, and what the process is (subscription vs one-time, getting previous updates vs upcoming updates). TJ Media has some kind of English-language presence in the Philippines but they don't seem to have an official website in English for that region, just a Facebook page that doesn't offer any contact info?

I've figured most everything else out about the machine, aside from smartphone connectivity, so it would be nice to at least know how to update, even if it turns out to be too expensive for now. (Note, I know how to tell the machine to check for updates, and to get it to take updates from USB media, but I need to figure out how to obtain/subscribe/etc to get them).

Any help would be appreciated.

I'd really like to get a Japanese machine eventually but I've never seen one that was less than 20 years old for anything near what I paid for the C45. If anyone is looking to sell a DAM or Joysound unit let me know :D . I don't operate as a business, I mostly use karaoke as part of social events for a college club (but I'm really dedicated to make it as authentic as possible!).