New setup

Your comments, questions, or opinions on any karaoke related hardware.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Re: New setup

Post by wiseguy »

It looks like you have a hard drive full of mostly useless garbage. Everything on there is at least 10 years old. I doubt that any of that software will run on Windows 10, which is most likely the operating system you will have on a new laptop. None of your images are of karaoke song files. The only ones you showed were standard MP3 files. The karaoke songs will be in folders like All hits, Backstage, and Chartbusters. etc.. You will be missing all the karaoke songs released over the past 10 years.

I'm pretty sure the karaoke songs are going to be in the MP3+G format so you'll be able to use them with modern karaoke software.

DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

KaraFun runs on Windows.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Looks to me like the software is Windows compatible to me. Songlist Generator is only available for windows computers. One word of warning is that while the software has been pretty good the customer service sucks as the only answers they give is there's nothing wrong with the software just the user.
I would see what software is in the hosting software folder. But VirtualDJ is pretty good software, way better than KaraFun.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

DanG2006 wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:21 pm Looks to me like the software is Windows compatible to me. Songlist Generator is only available for windows computers. One word of warning is that while the software has been pretty good the customer service sucks as the only answers they give is there's nothing wrong with the software just the user.
I would see what software is in the hosting software folder. But VirtualDJ is pretty good software, way better than KaraFun.
Do you realize that all the software on that hard drive is at least 10 years old and that he's getting ready to upgrade to a Windows 10 computer? I see a lot of issues arising. It's most likely all pirated as well so forget about support or upgrades.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

It depends on what version of karafun it is
Karafun 2 is available for download from their website today and is able to run on Windows 10. I prefer OoenKJ because it is available for all three OS platforms, Windows, Mac and Linux. I prefer Linux myself.