I believe that I may have new life as a host

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
DanG2006

I believe that I may have new life as a host

Post by DanG2006 »

I plan on pitching a new strategy for payment as well as utilizing a couple of things that would help prevent singers from getting sick.
I also plan on getting all my requests via Remote Requests to prevent me from getting sick. I personally believe that the safest way to prevent my singers from getting sick are twofold. Sanitizing the kiosk using wipes and encouraging singers to buy and bring either their own personal mics or windscreens. For those who don't have that I will be using disposable mic covers.

wiseguy
Site Admin

Re: I believe that I may have new life as a host

Post by wiseguy »

You cannot control social distancing which is the number one preventative measure. This is why bars are going to be among the last businesses to reopen. There is no way I'm going to a bar until there is a vaccine and most people have received it.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Ct is one of the lowest numbers getting the virus daily from closing down for a couple of months to slowly opening up. Some restaurants and bars that serve food are already bringing back karaoke in one fashion or another. A couple in my area are doing it on their patios, one show doing it the safe way and another doing it in a manner that I don't agree with but I didn't agree with the way she did her mics from the beginning. Taped windscreens with alcohol spray applied after every song. The only way I will do it is by providing windscreens that my singers can keep or allowing them to get and bring either their own wired mic or a wireless transmitter that I can sync with one of my wireless mic receiver channels. I am also forcing my singers to use my online request system for making requests.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Everything you mentioned does not solve the problem of social distancing which is by far the most effective way to prevent infection. Recent studies have concluded that coughing, loud talking, and singing are the major spreaders of the virus. The county I live in has a population of 30,000 people and only 42 confirmed cases of COVID-19. That is a very low rate compared to most places but I still refuse to enter a bar, let alone perform in one.

There will be a vaccine for the Coronavirus in the not too distant future. Until that time comes I will be putting karaoke on hold completely. Karaoke is simply not worth risking lives for.