Karaoke Home Setup Help!!!

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
Ryannguyen03

Karaoke Home Setup Help!!!

Post by Ryannguyen03 »

First of all, I would like to say hello to everyone in here. I’m new at this home karaoke thing and I would like some help setting it up. So I bought 2 eon jbl 515 xt speakers, mackie pro fx 12, alesis microverb 4, and bbe sonic maximizer. Please help me set it up. I have been trying for a few days but couldn’t get it to work right. Thank you in advance.

DanG2006

Re: Karaoke Home Setup Help!!!

Post by DanG2006 »

Drop the microb and the sonic maximize as those are definitely not needed with the board. Hook up the audio outside of the mixer into the speakers, one per output. Connect your laptop into one of the stereo channels of the mixer and your mics to the xlr inputs.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

I agree with Dan. The Alesis Microverb 4 and BBE Sonic Maximizer are unnecessary and will add nothing to the system. The Mackie mixer has great onboard effects that are all you will ever need. If the mixer has USB connectivity (I think this one does) you can connect it to a laptop with a USB cable for a digital connection. Microphones will plug into the XLR jacks of the channels. That Mackie mixer has XLR main outs which makes it easy to connect to the speakers with standard XLR microphone cables.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

If it has USB tilt doesn't go to a regular channel where you can adjust the eq. You would have to do that with your computer.