ultimate home system?

Your comments, questions, or opinions on any karaoke related hardware.
myau

ultimate home system?

Post by myau »

What would you say is the best fit for me with the given wants?

Desires:

most flexibility in terms of song choice formats so I can get the best versions. I also want to be able to play foreign songs (ie chinese and japanese songs.) Accurate song production (as close as possible to the original song) is important to me.

Both play something from a hard drive digitally (to save time from inserting and changing discs) and also play discs with additional features (fade the singer in and out, change key, tempo, be able to record, etc.)

Be able to download individual songs (maybe on the fly) and not have to buy complete cds.

Easy to use interface, like something you would find in a karaoke lounge. On that note..what kind of setups do they use?

This is for home use only for entertaining purposes. I am leaning towards a computer based system right now.

DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

I would go with www.winamp.com and www.Autokdj.com which while free gives a load of features that are not present on the high priced software. but you can get the songs off of the internet without it. http://www.tricerasoft.com/karaoke_songs/songs.html is a good site to get songs from between 1.99 and 2.49. Manufacturers iclude Zoom, Top HIts Monthly and a spanish disc company. For the foreign ones www.cavsusa.com is another site to purchase downloaded file, cost ranges between .99 and 1.99 a song. Manufaturers include CAVS, Top Hits MOnthly, and Chartbuster.
myau

Post by myau »

Thanks for the reply DanG. After more research, it looks like mp3+g is the way to go for me with a computer system.

Great recommendation about winamp and that plugin. I will definitely look into that. Here's another question (although it should be in software), is there another plugin or program that lets you watch certain video during the singing? I think it would be great if people could sing the song to the actual music video in the background (with words on top) or something else interesting.

Regarding cavs, they only do spanish songs and I'm looking for asian songs so the search still continues for a legit site.