What about this idea?

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
LoneWolf

What about this idea?

Post by LoneWolf »

I have always thought it would revolutionize the industry if anyone put this idea into action...

You put your song in to the kj and then you walk into a booth, put on a set of headphones, and when you hear the music through them it is the real thing that you hear on the radio. The difference is that in your speakers you hear the whole thing, but through the speakers, the lead vocals are removed and your mic is there instead. The idea is how many people sing so much better when they can hear the original? Plus the booth thing is a selling point, makes them really feel like a star, and you could record them as well.

I know its a completely new concept but if you could get the industry on board it should be a good idea. What do you all think?

Marlena

Post by Marlena »

I'm not sayng the concept is a bad idea. I think many singers would benefit from hearing some guide vocals, because i'm often having to sing with them because they lose track or forget how a song goes.

I don't think the booth thing would work at all. I find clientelle want to be seen and not only heard. I have cordless mics, yet the singers seem to want to be on stage in the spotlight.

The music would have to exactly match your karaoke version or else it's not going to be very good. The industry it's self would have to do a major overhaul for something like this to work. I think if it could be done with a wireless headset and without the booth it would help so many singers.

Marlena
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

Marlena, I was really thinking of a deal with the record labels to allow you to use their music. But when I think about it, you might not have to do anymore than jukebox services do since you are doing basically the same thing.

The booth would be to give it the feeling of a soundstage type thing and was just for show. would include the front as a window and use what would resemble an actual recording studio boom mic. etc.

Thanks for the input though.
"Come Sing with the Wolf!!"
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

The idea is how many people sing so much better when they can hear the original?
People only THINK they sound better while singing along with the original.
Shooter13

Post by Shooter13 »

what you need is to build a portable shower. I sound great in the shower... :)
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Shooter13 wrote:what you need is to build a portable shower. I sound great in the shower... :)
Or maybe we could just have a garden hose ready for certain singers.
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

dang you guys are as crazy as I am.
"Come Sing with the Wolf!!"
letitrip

Post by letitrip »

Um this idea has been done already. I remember many an amusement park, including disney world, years ago had things just like what you describe. The results were less than ideal and it didn't really revolutionize the industry other than maybe build some popularity for Karaoke.
Let It Rip Karaoke
DJ Tony
http://www.letitripkaraoke.com