Hi there

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
Dr Jones

Hi there

Post by Dr Jones »

Hey everybody,
Just thought i'd introduce myself
I started karaoke last year (adapting the PA i had for my band) doing odd bits and pieces, i have decided to go at it full tilt this year, got myself a contract for every other wednesday to start.
Hope to speak to you all soon

Kev

wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Welcome to the forum Kev! Glad you could join us.
letitrip

Post by letitrip »

Hi there Kev, welcome aboard. Well you're on the right track, that first contract is always the hardest. Congrats and good luck.
Let It Rip Karaoke
DJ Tony
http://www.letitripkaraoke.com
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Hi... Good luck.

When I first started I took any amount of nights they wanted to give me. However doing karaoke steady every week works much better.

If I have to look at my calender to see when I'm going to be at a certain job, and I'm getting paid to be there. What is everybody doing that isn't getting paid to be there? They are wondering if it's this week or last week.... Oh forget it, let's go to So & Sos they do it every week. Consistancy works better. They don't have to think as much.

I won't do every others any more. Then you have to find a bar that wants to do the in between weeks. You end up losing money to commit to an every other job.

My Saturday guy wanted to do every other Friday. Sweet deal for me because I can leave my system set up for Saturday. But I told him if I get a steady Friday, I'm gone. Well it came through and I start the steady one this Friday. Don't lock yourself into something that will cost you money in the long run. It's good for starters though.
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

Hey folks, I am new here as well, cool site as far as I can tell. I should be back here often. I do have a big question. I am using all computer equipment and use no cds in my show. I use mostly chartbuster music (about 3500 different songs so far) and they are all stored on my external hard drive. I had a bar owner tell me there was an internet service that you can connect to and use streaming to get karaoke songs, sort of like an internet jukebox. I am interested in finding out if anyone knows about this type of site. I do however insist that it be all legally done. I don't do any pirated music. Please help if you folks can. Also is there anywhere I can pick out the songs I want to buy so as to not to have to buy a thousand cds to get one song on each cd that I really want?

Thanks, have a great day!!
"Come Sing with the Wolf!!"
letitrip

Post by letitrip »

Lonewolf, there is a site like he speaks of, although off the top of my head I can't recall who it is. A couple things though. First, they specifically state on their site it is for home use only. Second, you have to use their player which I'm not sure if it is compatible with your existing CDG's or MP3+G's.

As far as picking a specific song, have a look at CAVS and Tricerasoft. Both offer downloadable MP3+G's for $1.99 a song. Now the selection is a little more limited so it can be tough to find some songs, but it works out well for us in most cases.
Let It Rip Karaoke
DJ Tony
http://www.letitripkaraoke.com
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

Thanks, I keep all my music stored on the external hard drive and do not use the cds. I copy the music from the cd, they come out pretty good but they some times need edited, so I use the edit cd program and then I run the show from the computer. I find this much easier. I will check out the sites you mentioned and check out your site as well. Thanks again.
"Come Sing with the Wolf!!"
Marlena

Post by Marlena »

Yeah there is a site came out about 5 years ago. it has 150,000 songs to choose from. you can use it anywhere it's 75.00 US a night. it's mp3+g BUT off the top of my head i can't remember the site. i remember the site because i went to check it out. music and graphics were good but i couldn't see having to stream line it because it seemed to take forever, with that said though, now internet connects are pretty fast so i haven't been there in years to see how they have upgraded i'm not sure how you would even get a list of songs you had. They did allow you to try out the site for free with a certain amount of songs like 15 songs for an hour. so if you find it you can try it.

Marlena
wyndy

Post by wyndy »

LoneWolf,

Please excuse my ignorance. What program are you using to edit cd's and exactly what can you edit regarding a CDG with that program?

Thanks