Newbie NEED's Your HELP!!!

Your comments, questions, or opinions on any karaoke related hardware.
fong

Newbie NEED's Your HELP!!!

Post by fong »

Okay guys I've been researching all over the place to find a decent start-up package for my business...

I've made contact with AceKaraoke.com and have talked to a person in regards to equiptments....

I want to know what your thoughts are on the VocoPro 6800 CLub System? I'll also be buying the Cavs JB-199 with a separate unit for uploading new songs...And then some start-up pakages for songs such ChartBusters I think, its about $799.99 for about 2500-3000 songs...All this for about $5000.00...

Am I getting a decent system with my money or are there better systems out there? I'm ready to buy and start my business NOW...Do you guys use the CAVS? ANd if so what are your thoughts?

THanks in Advance GUYS!!! :D

fong

Post by fong »

BTW... Here are the specs:

SYSTEM INCLUDED:
1 CDG-8000PRO Dual Tray CD/CD+G Player
1 KJM-8000PRO Digital Key Control Karaoke Mixing Board
1 VP-600PRO 600W Professional Power Amplifier
2 VX-15 15" Vocal Speakers
2 SS-88 Speaker Stands
2 Professional Vocal Microphones
Patching Cables Included
Shipping Weight:
Mixer & Player = 37 lbs
Amplifier = 38 lbs
Speakers = 55 lbs x 2
Road Case & Accessories = 55 lbs
Speaker Stands = 20 lbs
Dimensions:
Road Case = 21.5" W x 20" D x 21.5" H
Speaker = 19.75" W x 17.25" D x 27.75" H

Heres the Link:

http://www.acekaraoke.com/hvcpcl6800.html
letitrip

Post by letitrip »

In a word, adequate. 2x300 Watts will get you enough power to cover small to medium sized venus. Vocopro's players are nice but I don't know much about their speakers or amps (my gut says they'd be on the low end of professional quality). I'd suggest at least one more Microphone (2 for the singers + 1 for you).

Finally, from my personal experience, I'd say stay far FAR away from CAVS. We made the mistake of getting sucked into the CAVS trap and it was the biggest mistake we could have made. We bought a 203G player and from day one had problems with it. It's now been at CAVS for over 3 months for them to suppposedly fix it. There customer service has been poor, their quality on everything they sell seems suspect and as you can tell they've left a very bad taste in my mouth.
Let It Rip Karaoke
DJ Tony
http://www.letitripkaraoke.com
fong

Post by fong »

So CAVS isn't reliable??? I just figured that it'd be more convenient as opposed to carrying all your cd-g's around...

So if you guys are running with the Disc systems, do you lug all your music to your gigs as well? And if so, how do you keep track of so many disc?

Just curiouse???
letitrip

Post by letitrip »

Yeah teh convenience factor is great but the equipment stank. We ended up buying their software so we could play our SCDG's through the computer. More reliable than the player was, but limited features (no playlist/rotation management).

The KJ's that I know who have CDG's do indeed carry them all to the show. The easiest way I've seen is use those CD binders. You can find some that hold 150-200 discs. Two of those would hold a ton of songs.
Let It Rip Karaoke
DJ Tony
http://www.letitripkaraoke.com
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

I carry 1200 discs. I will be switching over to a computer system shortly. Discs are a big pain. I would not take my originals to a job. I use copies. The originals go from the freshly opened package, to the burner and right back to the jewel box.

Go to a real music store and get a decent PA system.

Being a quality KJ takes money. Anybody can be in business cheap. How long do you want to last???
fong

Post by fong »

So pretty much you guys wouldn't make the investment on the CAVS system??? Right...