Computer karaoke player

Discuss CD+G's, VCD's, song book creators, and any other karaoke related software.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

There are lots of people who want to use Media Commands, but can't pay for it for many different reasons especially in the Third World Countries. We don't want to reject people at our door. So to be fair, user should pay either directly or indirectly through advertising.
Of course you have every right to offer an ad supported version of your software, but don't you think it would be a good idea to also offer the time-limited version on the download page?
We don't consider "worthless" as "malicious". You will understand what we are talking about when you encounter people who just repeat their statements again and again like a recorder no matter what you say to them. To some people, sometimes silence is the best answer.
I certainly don't think that this has occurred in this topic. Member DanG2006 pointed out that the software installed adware and that his anti-virus picked this up. After he installed the software, apparently against his own better judgment, he stated that it would not play the mp3+g format as advertised. You have addressed the adware issue but have yet to respond to the allegation that the software will not play the mp3+g format outside of your statement "some operations may be different from other players".

I hope you can appreciate that this is an open forum where members may express their opinion on any karaoke related product or subject. Anyone may promote their karaoke related products here as long as they are willing to accept feedback from the members whether it be positive or negative.

DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

I guess what they mean by being different than most players means harder to use, I for one like the simple method that the players I have used use in accepting the two files name simularities and automatically connecting the two to having to tell the player where these graphic files are which after reading posts in other forums leads me to believe that this how mediacommands works. I believe that after realizing how hard the users of media commands have to work to get over 20,000 files to work with media commands that they'll just go back to their old player and delete the program off the computer.

Please correct me if I got i wrong on how your program works, Media Commands.
But unless you have a bulk connection tool for connecting these files, that is what you are going to find for your program.

I have been in the market for a program that handles rotation, Multiplex tracks, smooth live keychange and is simple to use. So far I can get some of these features in most of the products but have yet to find a program that meets all of these criteria.
hoster has the mulitplex and keychanger but lacks the rotation feature that I would like to have and because of that I can't say it's simple to use in that area yet it is simple to use in the other areas.
Compuhost has close to everything except for multiplex but their support is too slow for the professional KJ to rely on should the dongle go done for the count or anything go wrong with the computer (three weeks for a member of another forum to gets codes for reinstalling fast tracks makes me leery of it as they are the creators of compuhost as well).
RoxBox and most of the winamp plugins lack the mutiplex and the keychanger (this piece is only going to be changed once frank gets KJAMP done, when I don't know)
AutoKDJ and Sackonuts while it has the rotation feature built in is reliant on the keychanger of winamp which is winamp's only real flaw.
So you see why I was willing to risk adware to try yours out but if I am accurate in the manner you do the files I will stick with winamp untill KJAmp comes out or some one comes out with a program that changes key on the fly without hesitation, works with my nutech multiplex songs, has an autorotation feature so All I have to worry about is to enter the singer's song with their name so I can keep track as to whoses song is whose, I could care less about letting the singer know when they are up - lets leave a job for the kj. oh yes one last feature - to be able to dj from the program as well.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
mediacommands

Post by mediacommands »

wiseguy wrote:Of course you have every right to offer an ad supported version of your software, but don't you think it would be a good idea to also offer the time-limited version on the download page?
Our adware provider is also our business partner, and it is our obligation to drive advertising revenue for both parties. This relationship is more or less similar to the relationship between you and Google. Also, we want to show people how "bad" behaviorally targeted and contextually relevant advertising is. Till now, our statistics show that each of our user has an average of 2-3 ads popuped per day when they are browsing the Internet, and those ads are relevant to what they are searching for. We don't think that is something so disturbing that people can't live with, once they get used to it, it should be OK. Those who don't even bother to write an E-mail for a time-limited version have many other choices, and we don't have to worry about them.
wiseguy wrote:I certainly don't think that this has occurred in this topic.
Actually we got some warnings about DanG2006 from our users who had visited other karaoke forums, so we have to be careful about this ...
wiseguy wrote:Member DanG2006 pointed out that the software installed adware and that his anti-virus picked this up.
There is already a battle between well-behaved adware program and anti-virus software, and we don't want to get involved in it. It is up to user to decide whether a well-behaved adware is a virus.
wiseguy wrote:After he installed the software, apparently against his own better judgment, he stated that it would not play the mp3+g format as advertised. You have addressed the adware issue but have yet to respond to the allegation that the software will not play the mp3+g format outside of your statement "some operations may be different from other players".
Answer can be found from this link:
http://www.mediacommands.com/forum/index.php?topic=17.0
DanG2006 wrote:I guess what they mean by being different than most players means harder to use, I for one like the simple method that the players I have used use in accepting the two files name simularities and automatically connecting the two to having to tell the player where these graphic files are which after reading posts in other forums leads me to believe that this how mediacommands works. I believe that after realizing how hard the users of media commands have to work to get over 20,000 files to work with media commands that they'll just go back to their old player and delete the program off the computer.
To evaluate how easy it is to use a tool, we have to know for what the tool is used first. A knife used for killing cows should be considered as not user-friendly when it is used to kill a mosquito. Although we have many professional customers from different sectors including musicians who want to use our software for performing on stage, and teachers who need our software for teaching language, most of our users are ordinary home users who don't need to play 20,000 audio files. What they want is just a fast tool for them to display animated lyrics (LRC/KAR/CDG or lyrics embedded in MP3/OGG) on their own favourite image/video/3D animation in real-time, and run the playlist in their own Karaoke parties, or just use it for home singing practise. Adding an option for auto-searching of lyrics file is not that difficult. If our users request for it, we can give it to them in the next version.
DanG2006 wrote:Please correct me if I got i wrong on how your program works, Media Commands.
Your comments are welcome.

Anthony

Below is a question waiting for an answer:
------------------------------------------------
Will LRC text lyrics eventually replace CDG graphical lyrics ?
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Although we have many professional customers from different sectors including musicians who want to use our software for performing on stage, and teachers who need our software for teaching language, most of our users are ordinary home users who don't need to play 20,000 audio files.
I'm sure your software is very useful to many people. I wish you much success.
Actually we got some warnings about DanG2006 from our users who had visited other karaoke forums, so we have to be careful about this ...
Unless these other forums prefer members who are afraid to speak their mind, I can't imagine what kind of warnings you have received. DanG2006 has always been a valued, and very helpful, member of this forum. We are honored to have him as a member.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

So basically it is a home program and never intended for use by a professional karaoke host. I still feel that most are going to look for what is easier to use but good luck to him. As for me if anyone asks about it, I will not be recommending it for professional Karaoke Hosts.
I will still tell people to try any and all programs they may see if they have a demo. I will also tell anyone to ask for the limited time version rather than the adware one for those who are just looking for a home player and then let them decide whether or not they want to get your product.

It just my opinion that most want their players to play whatever they want to play without a lot of work to do so.
mediacommands

Post by mediacommands »

DanG2006 wrote:It just my opinion that most want their players to play whatever they want to play without a lot of work to do so.
You're absolutely right, and it's not just your opinion, it's also the opinions of all users of media players. In fact, most of the media playing software (including Media Commands) are trying their best to accomplish that. But Media Commands is a super media player for users to design their own Karaoke screen layout, so some operations may be different from other Karaoke players. Once the screen design is finished and saved for each media file in the playlist, all the files can be played just by one click. Another beauty of Media Commands is that because Media Commands is a real-time "Karaoke screen producer", it allows user to change video/animation background just by one operation without any time and space consuming pre-processing steps.

We are not close-minded people, many of the features of Media Commands (e.g. displaying guitar chords/tabs together with lyrics) are actually suggested by our professional users, and Media Commands will certainly continue its open-minded policy in software development.

BTW, adware company will only target at large population groups (usually home users), but not small population sector (e.g. professional karaoke host).

Anthony

---------
Aristotle maintained that women have fewer teeth than men; although he was twice married, it never occurred to him to verify this statement by examining his wives' mouths. ... Bertrand Russell - Impact of Science on Society (1952).
Marlena

Post by Marlena »

NEW PROGRAM

SwiftElite V1.01x is a new program by Tricersoft that offers playing your files from zip format. It has playlists, plays all formats. Has dual monitor capabilities and a Preview Window. It has the fastest Quickfind I've ever come across.

I'm searching for a better way other than disk to player lol.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Swift elite v1.01 is not a new program as they are at verison 3 now.
If you don't want to spend a lot of money winamp and autokdj (both are free) can handle just about what you are looking for.
I've bounced around and have decided to take the time to rename my songs to work with autoKDJ.
shafferpilot

Post by shafferpilot »

Well, I've read a lot of pros and cons about adware..... But this is the first time I've ever read the "those poor third world people can't afford to pay for software...... so we will inundate their outdated, community computer with so much adware that it won't even work anymore...." what a crock.