More Fuel for the Edited Songbook Debate.

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
Bigdog

More Fuel for the Edited Songbook Debate.

Post by Bigdog »

Recently fired Imus and the outcry for the rappers to clean up their song lyrics is more fuel for the debate to have an edited song book. The general public consensus is, people are getting fedup with the crap lyrics and content. People are starting to realize the effect these subjects and verbiage are having on younger people.

All the more reason to edit and exercise more control of your reputation.

Shows that continue to run as an "anythings goes" open microphone arena will soon become the minority. You will lose jobs because of it. The backlash has begun.

You don't get paid as much, or bring in as much as Imus. They didn't hesitate to can him. When the bar owners start losing money because of your actions, you will be canned too.

kjsrbest

Post by kjsrbest »

Very close friends with a bar owner who thought it was funny after they themselves would get drunk before the nights end, and request songs that were not to comfy to listen too. It was fun for them for a while. I myself quit going for some time and then when I returned they wanted me to come back and do the kj-ing. Thought it was the KJ'Ss that hurt their business. NO! The KJ did what they thought was going to keep their job----Please the Bar Owner! Quite the contrary! I sat down with them, and then explained why I myself did not enjoy the Friday nights any longer. Told them that this is not how I would have run the business. For years I never would have allowed that from my KJ's. "Can you come back?" No! Told them just as I would have told them before when I worked with the employees. This drives people away. Not everyone enjoys rap, trash, and swearing on the microphone. They played up to that with the crowd they had left late in the evening. After some serious talking, they are getting back on track and more of those regulars are coming back, and enjoying the goood singers!!!!!
Bar owners are by far the biggest ruination of their own business. Plain stupidity! :shock: Shocked? Not!
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads