Autorun folder

Your comments, questions, or opinions on any karaoke related hardware.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
Marlena

Post by Marlena »

Yep.. playing original discs or burnt discs from customers is against the law and very risky. As bigdog did i also went vista and external hard drive and it eliminates clients asking me to play discs or as they used to get offended. If your not into nickel and diming.. and these are your "regular Costumers" then my suggestion is to do what any good KJ does and order the discs for your company collection.

There's the simple answer lol

Marlena

Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

I'm not nickel diming....but the majority of the discs in question are custom ordered by them. Now should I, at anywhere up to $50-75 a pop, put them in my collection? Seems a lot smarter from a business aspect, to play their custom disc. Many of them have very extensive collections. (100 discs) Most have more then 20 discs each. Some I wouldn't waste my money to buy an entire disc by an artist I don't like or that won't get used. A few of these people are KJs and some are just nuts about karaoke.

How is it illegal to play one of their original discs????
Marlena

Post by Marlena »

well i don't know if your in the states, but canada we have a socan license that Allows only company owned product be used as entertainment. Also your opening yourself up to people simply talking about you playing Burnt discs. I ahve only been using vista and the HD for 1 month and already rumors are flying that even while i'm working I am D/l'ing music to my HD even though there is no internet at work. Stupid people say stupid things. Just rather not open myself up to talk, no matter how dumb it sounds.

Marlena
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Marlena wrote:Yep.. playing original discs or burnt discs from customers is against the law and very risky. As bigdog did i also went vista and external hard drive and it eliminates clients asking me to play discs or as they used to get offended. If your not into nickel and diming.. and these are your "regular Costumers" then my suggestion is to do what any good KJ does and order the discs for your company collection.

There's the simple answer lol

Marlena
They ask for it long enough or if they are regular customers then I'll look for the songs first via the legal download sites so I only have to get that song or if enough people ask for it then I'll get the original disc itself.
If that is nickel and diming then I'm guilty because I have seen KJ's get the songs only for the songs to sit dormant and that particular disc become a saucer. I am willing spend money to improve my selection but am not willing to buy music that a johnny come lately person asks for the song.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

I have ordered songs for people and they never sing it or I never see them for 6 months.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

While I don't mind getting new stuff, I also look at what is the better version as well. Every brand has their hits and misses and I want to know if I'm getting the hit or miss before I buy. That is also how I decide what program to use for karaoke. I have bounced around from software to software as each has a piece of what I am looking for yet lacks all that I am looking for. I have probably tested every Karaoke playing software that is out there.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

If it's a song I never heard before, it's hard to tell if I'm buying a good version or not... So depending on how good of a customer they are, will depend on how much I'm willing to spend for a song they want to sing....
And if it contains "X" rated subject matter and/or swearing..I can't get it....sorry. LOL :lol: My hard earned money will not be wasted on crap....