Vista v XP

Discuss CD+G's, VCD's, song book creators, and any other karaoke related software.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
mollycat

Vista v XP

Post by mollycat »

Hi

I currently use xp and have no problem with it and run variuos Karaoke software from it, however I am looking to buy a new laptop and they all come with Vista Business installed (my choice is limited I live on one of the Greek Islands). So if I change will Vista be ok with softare such as KJ Pro, Karawin,Sax n Dotty etc.

Thanks

Mollycat

DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

The program I use works fine with vista basic. I use Just Karaoke from tricerasoft. I switched from a winamp based software due to issues that have been reported between winamp based karaoke softwares and vista. Although some have reported no issues with the same software. For my business It is better not to take the chance.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
Marlena

Post by Marlena »

I Run Vista as well with swift elite and am having problems on a so so basis. although swift elite works today, tommorow it might not and i have to install again. Now I Keep a copy of the install on my desktop so i can easily access it if this problem occurs again. another program i use is called better file renamer and this does NOT work with Vista at all. I miss being able to use it on my laptop but I keep all my files on a external harddrive So i just reconnect it to my stationary and do what work i have to do with it.
mollycat

Post by mollycat »

Thanks for the info, I will have to give it all some thought before I decide

Mollycat