Karaoke Song Books

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
Marlena

Karaoke Song Books

Post by Marlena »

So Just Thought I'd Drop everyone a note to let you know I have found the ultimate solution to binders.

As probably many of you have come to find, they just don't make binders big enough or stready enough for the Bar scene.

I know my self with a 10 point georgia font my books are still 300 pages. times the thickness by 2 for those plastic covers and i've had problems.

I've thought about dividing my books into sections such as:

Country
Other
Artist COuntry
Artist Other

But realized when i went to someone else's show that i don't like 4 books on the table taking up room and i certainly don't like going through 4 books to find what i want.

I tried Brass Fasteners but they don't make those big enough either. I thought of binder rings, but without trying them, I came to the conclusion they might have too much play in them, pages might move around alot.

So I went to the hardware store and looked around and what i found was "zip ties". I made all all of my new books with them and they work prefect the books open like a phone book and it doesn't matter how many pages i have. I made the front/back covers out of white cardboard had my logo lasered to them and then i laminated them. TA DA problem solved.

They really do work wonders, I'm not kidding and very inexpensive i think i paid 3.00 for a hundred. So no binder costs. I still put a pencil case in the front. I used shoe hole re-enforcements on the back and front cover for extra strentgh against tearing.

So for those of you looking for a cheap and easy way to get around more than 1 book per table, these really did the trick for me.

Marlena

smoky

Post by smoky »

Great idea! Tbanks I am going to try it.

Now if someone can help me find a way to reduce the printing costs for my 450 page books.
Marlena

Post by Marlena »

i did 17 books about 320 pages each. 12 point size georgia font bold... full color.... $1000.00... (front cover to back, bindings and pencil cases) i have my own laser printer and that's what i use to print my books.. watch for toner cost and how many pages each toner prints.. i have an oki but i originally bought it to print high def pictures from a camera.

Marlena
mwadeson

Post by mwadeson »

i just printed new books i went with kinkos easy and cheaper than doing it my self
Marlena

Post by Marlena »

what's kinkos?
mwadeson

Post by mwadeson »

kinko's is a office printing company. I found them online and just had to send them the file with my book on it. Choose a few options and send payment i had my books within like three or four days. it was so nice when everything was done.
smoky

Post by smoky »

I wonder if you take your electronic file into a local Kinkos if they will do the same thing? I like dealing with a local store... easier to get them to do corrections when they do something wrong.
letitrip

Post by letitrip »

smoky wrote:I wonder if you take your electronic file into a local Kinkos if they will do the same thing? I like dealing with a local store... easier to get them to do corrections when they do something wrong.
Simple answer, yes. Kinkos, OfficeMax and a host of other commercial print shops will do this for you.
Let It Rip Karaoke
DJ Tony
http://www.letitripkaraoke.com
mwadeson

Post by mwadeson »

yes if you are lucky enough to have one near by you can take it in there and do the same thing.
letitrip

Post by letitrip »

mwadeson wrote:yes if you are lucky enough to have one near by you can take it in there and do the same thing.
Or you can be really lucky like me, we have a print shop where I work (my day job) and they will print stuff for employee peronal orders. They only charge us their cost so it is really cheap compared to getting them done at a commercial shop.
Let It Rip Karaoke
DJ Tony
http://www.letitripkaraoke.com
mwadeson

Post by mwadeson »

even better yet