Creating your own music.

Discuss CD+G's, VCD's, song book creators, and any other karaoke related software.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
Intentional Heartache

Creating your own music.

Post by Intentional Heartache »

What programs do you folks use to create your own CD+G files?

A local artist is interested in creating her own karaoke songs from songs she has written and I have offered to help, only to discover this is a much harder project than I anticipated.

I've tried demo'ing different software packages, and have found them very difficult to sync up the lyrics with the music.

Any suggestions would be most apreciated.

IH

wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

I've found the "Karaoke Home Producer" by www.mtu.com to be the easiest to use CDG authoring software. Simply create the backing track in wav file format, import a text file with the lyrics, and then sync the lyrics with the music in real time. With just a little practice you can produce good quality CDG files.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
Intentional Heartache

Post by Intentional Heartache »

Thanks I'll give the demo a whirl.
azsmiley

karaoke creating software

Post by azsmiley »

wiseguy wrote:I've found the "Karaoke Home Producer" by www.mtu.com to be the easiest to use CDG authoring software. Simply create the backing track in wav file format, import a text file with the lyrics, and then sync the lyrics with the music in real time. With just a little practice you can produce good quality CDG files.
I have tried demo's from MTU and Power karaoke, and a few others. I like the software, I can't get them to recognize my burner to create a disk from it. Yet, I can make copies of my disks and compilations without any problem. I don't have the money to waste $80 for software, and then get another drive that "they" say works with their software.

So, the question, I guess, is if one is on a tight budget, what is a good software that runs good enough with any drive that has doa/96 capabilities? My burner says it has dao/96 and I can "copy" cd+g's, but I can't create one. Or did I just do something wrong?

I guess I'm trying to find the cheap way out.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

I can "copy" cd+g's, but I can't create one.
The Karaoke Home Producer outputs a file with a .cdg extension. This is actually a bin file but MTU uses the .cdg extension to make it compatible with some of their other software. If you change the file extension of the output files from .cdg to .bin you will be able to burn them to a disc with most CDG compatible burning software.
powerkaraoke

Post by powerkaraoke »

Have you tried Power CD+G Burner? It does not require CD+G-compatible drive, works with most CD-R drives out ther.

The link is in my signature.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

What if we need /want MP3 files to play on the comupter?