Hmmmm

Discuss CD+G's, VCD's, song book creators, and any other karaoke related software.
Bigdog

Hmmmm

Post by Bigdog »

Look at all of the thousands of views on the posts talking about computer karaoke.

It tells me that shortly anyone spinning discs will be obsolete.

The snow ball is rolling and nobody is going to stop it.

mwadeson

Post by mwadeson »

I will have to agree but why not i don't miss carring around the cases and finding out i had a cd that was scratched or missing
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
JohnZ

Post by JohnZ »

I recently made the switch to a computer based system after 15 and 1/2 years of hosting with discs. I must say that if you don't do this you are missing the boat. I don't want this to sound like a commercial but I am using CompuHost which I settled upon after trying out a few other karaoke hosting softwares mainly because it took about 5 minutes to get it up and running when I downloaded the trial. It has many great features, is easy to use and has performed flawlessly for me since I installed it. It also comes with a free CDG Ripper that, although not that fast, is the only one that I could find that will let me rip my CDG's to a Zip file, choose my ripping speed and automatically add the songs to my library without having to refresh it. CompuHost is more expensive at $179.00 but worth the money and the freedom from carrying CD's.

PC KJ is popular as well but I had trouble with it. My friend has not had a problem with PC KJ. As far as getting your library onto MP3+G you can buy a hard drive already loaded but I don't know how legal that is?? There is one advertised on Karaoke-Tutor that I bought and if you don't buy it you need to have your head examined. A bargain ten times over. So for under a $1,000.00 you can have an awesome system providing you already have a laptop.

Make sure that your laptop has an "S-Video" out or you will not be able to use the hosting softwares. And most importantly, what are you waiting for? I just did an event with 6,000 attendees and I would have been uo the creek if I didn't have my new system up and running. My hands would have been bleeding from grabbing CD's and it was a piece of cake to load everyone in that wanted to sing and monitor when they were coming up to the minute! Good luck!

John Z
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

hope you have a 1 to 1 ratio of discs to music on the hard drive as it is illegal to purchase those drives.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

DanG2006 wrote:hope you have a 1 to 1 ratio of discs to music on the hard drive as it is illegal to purchase those drives.
How do you know that the hard drive that John Z purchased is illegal?
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

The only place that had legal loaded hard drives was tricerasoft.com. They no longer offer this product. They still offer downloads for sell but no hard drives. Unless he got it from there when they were offering it then the drives is illegal. especially if they contain Sound CHoice discs like the site you can get to through this forum through the links that are available.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

DanG2006 wrote:The only place that had legal loaded hard drives was tricerasoft.com. They no longer offer this product. They still offer downloads for sell but no hard drives. Unless he got it from there when they were offering it then the drives is illegal. especially if they contain Sound CHoice discs like the site you can get to through this forum through the links that are available.
The links you are referring to are being served up by Google Adsense who does not allow ads for illegal products. They are very strict about this. Add to this the fact that the company (DJ Karaoke Drive Store) is based in the United States, and advertises openly, would suggest to me that they must have rights to sell what they are selling or at least have found a way around the legal issues.

And by the way... Tricerasoft still offers a DVD of all the downloadable songs which for all intents and purposes is the same as selling them on a hard drive.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Maybe they include the discs that are on the drive with the drive, although I can't see how they can afford to do so due to the costs of the discs. Their site was mentioned on the Sound Choice forums and the spokesperson for Sound Choice there indicated that any and all of the Sound Choice songs are illegal for them to have on that drive without the original discs to accompany them. I imagone that Steller records would say the same about the Pop Hits content.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

DanG2006 wrote:Their site was mentioned on the Sound Choice forums and the spokesperson for Sound Choice there indicated that any and all of the Sound Choice songs are illegal for them to have on that drive without the original discs to accompany them.
Sound Choice would be putting their foot in their mouth to make this statement as they have always held the position that loading their song tracks onto a hard drive for any purpose is illegal. So now that it's obvious that Sound Choice is aware of these hard drives, how would you explain the facts that a U.S. based company continues to sell them and Google continues to advertise the company? Also, If Sound Choice cannot stop companies like this from selling these hard drive, how would they ever be able to successfully prosecute those who purchase them?