CDG TO MP3G CONVERTING PLEASE HELP

Discuss the MP3+G karaoke format.
billy

CDG TO MP3G CONVERTING PLEASE HELP

Post by billy »

HI GUYS.... I FOLLOWED YOUR INSTRUCTIONS TO COVERT MY CDG TO MP3G OBTAINED CDG RIPPER AND BOUGHT A PLEXTOR 230A/T3 BURNER BUT STILL HAVE MANY IMPERFECTIONS IN THE CONVERTED MP3G LYRICS. FAIL 2 SEE WHAT IM DOING WRONG... PLEASE HELP SOMEONE...BILLY

wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

HAVE MANY IMPERFECTIONS IN THE CONVERTED MP3G LYRICS
The usual cause of distorted graphics is the ripping of the tracks at too high of speed.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
billy

Post by billy »

thanx wiseguy i will try slower speed and get back
powerkaraoke

Post by powerkaraoke »

Tricerasoft's ripper does not correct error during ripping process. Please try Power CD+G Burner -- it is ripper and burner and has build-in error correction. You should get good results even with high ripping speeds.
azsmiley

Post by azsmiley »

powerkaraoke,

Boy you are all over the karaoke forums. I would like to see something like Consumer Reports type factual comparison of karaoke creating software. I'm sure there are some out there that are just as good or better, and cheaper. Although I give them credit, that not many are in fact cheaper. Some (and I only mean the good ones) are $180 for the full "platinum" version. But for basic needs... I don't know which is better or cheaper, or just plain worth the $$.
azsmiley

Post by azsmiley »

Oh, yeah, but thanks for advertising your software. Most forums wouldn't let you.
powerkaraoke

Post by powerkaraoke »

There are four software product to create karaoke software. PowerKaraoke is the only one that gets updated on regular basis.

And yes, I visit karaoke forums. Please see that have not started this thread -- I replied with the information the poster was seeking. I see nothing wrong with that, but you are free to disagree.
azsmiley

Post by azsmiley »

Sorry if I came off sarcastic, it wasn't my intention. I would just like a compairison. I did admit that I did like yours and maybe I need to try it again if it's been updated. Who knows. I definately don't want to discourage anyone from trying. It IS a good software, I just couldn't use it at the time with what I had.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

And yes, I visit karaoke forums. Please see that have not started this thread -- I replied with the information the poster was seeking. I see nothing wrong with that, but you are free to disagree.
I am the creator and admin of this forum and all allowed posts are at my sole discretion. I have no problem with any member posting information about karaoke hardware and software if it is related to the topic being posted to and if the product is created by a reputable company that produces good quality products. However, I do not appreciate the mentioning of another product's shortcomings for the purpose of promoting self interest.

That being said, I would like to welcome powerkaraoke to the forum. The PowerKaraoke company is well known for producing high quality karaoke software.

I would also like to thank azsmiley for taking such an interest in this forum and for the suggestions he has made. We could use more members like this.
azsmiley

Post by azsmiley »

Thank You, and like I said, sorry I came off cross & bitter. :|
I'm a nice guy. No, really! :lol:
theweddingsinger

Post by theweddingsinger »

Hi All,

Maybe this will help. I've been using PCDJ-FX w/KJ plug_in for my player, ripper, etc. You can also edit the ID tags and other stuff too. Has key changer, tempo changer and many other great features. Everything rips perfectly. software is great for DJing and KJing or both at the same time. :D
MollyBaloney

Post by MollyBaloney »

I use CDRWIN. It's really simple and is compatible with most cd drives as long as you get the newest version. With a simple click of a button you can select which track you want to extract from the cd. Then click on start.

You can then use MP3+G Toolz to convert the bin files to mp3+G files by simply right clicking on folder.

I need something easy to use cause i'm dense at times.LOL. Both programs do excellent job as I make copies of all my discs.
Smile...it's the first sign of peace.
Sherry
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

I use RoxBox's ripper. It is compatable with most drives. and it does everything from ripping from disc to naming and zipping. Have had nothing but perfect copies with my Plextor 1210a at max read speed.
A warning about plextors thought. it is going around that plextor is going to stop being compatable for CD+G, so if you need one get it fast.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

A warning about plextors thought. it is going around that plextor is going to stop being compatable for CD+G, so if you need one get it fast.
This is a false rumor. Below is my question and the response from the Plextor sales department.

Question: Is there any truth to the rumor that Plextor is going to stop producing CD+G compatible drives?

Response: Plextor will still offer CD+G supported drives but we will also have some that do not. We now offer a value series line of drives as well as a premium series which do still read & write CD+G files. Our current premium models include the PX-716A, 716SA, 716AL and 716UF. The current value series without the CD+G support are the PX-230A, 740A and 740UF.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Thanks for clearing that up as this has been going around several other sites but not by me. this is maybe the only one I mentioned it in.