Trouble from a bar employee.

How would you handle these situations?
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
Bigdog

Trouble from a bar employee.

Post by Bigdog »

This kid (the Pizza maker) wants to pull rank and have me move his "girl" friends up in the line. I had 18 singers. Plus I had people that drove at least 30 miles to get there. I told him no way. Then he takes the big manager in the kitchen for a pow wow. Now I'm no idiot. I know he's telling a wopper of a tale about how I won't let his friends sing, blaa, blaa, whaaa.. :roll:

He comes out to me and says the manager told him that I was his best KJ. I said, I know that. So his plan backfired.

Tonight he wants to set his drink glasses on my speaker and then turn the speaker so he can stand in front of it to play a bowling game. Well he gets my girlfriend involved (big mistake) and she goes nuts on the "sub" manager about him. The manager comes over and said she didn't know about the trouble last week. I told her everything is OK for now, but one more time with him and it will be him or me and I'll walk right out in the middle of the night. I don't care. He was a little Pi$$ed about the whole thing. TOO BAD. Don't be a jerk and you'll still have your job. Screw with me and be unemployed. I can work anywhere, let's see if you can.... punk. They had Pizza men before you and they will have them when you're gone.... :lol:

venodos

Post by venodos »

Bigdog wrote:This kid (the Pizza maker) wants to pull rank and have me move his "girl" friends up in the line. I had 18 singers. Plus I had people that drove at least 30 miles to get there. I told him no way. Then he takes the big manager in the kitchen for a pow wow. Now I'm no idiot. I know he's telling a wopper of a tale about how I won't let his friends sing, blaa, blaa, whaaa.. :roll:

He comes out to me and says the manager told him that I was his best KJ. I said, I know that. So his plan backfired.

Tonight he wants to set his drink glasses on my speaker and then turn the speaker so he can stand in front of it to play a bowling game. Well he gets my girlfriend involved (big mistake) and she goes nuts on the "sub" manager about him. The manager comes over and said she didn't know about the trouble last week. I told her everything is OK for now, but one more time with him and it will be him or me and I'll walk right out in the middle of the night. I don't care. He was a little Pi$$ed about the whole thing. TOO BAD. Don't be a jerk and you'll still have your job. Screw with me and be unemployed. I can work anywhere, let's see if you can.... punk. They had Pizza men before you and they will have them when you're gone.... :lol:
Bigdogyou have an attitude problem..... Your job is NOT confrontation, but an ambassador, you are too strict to deal with human beings, we are all different.
You need to downplay your importance, and as you said "They had Pizza men before you and they will have them when you're gone"

You must remember "They had KJ men before you and they will have them when you're gone"
You are digging a hole to bury yourself.

My advice as one KJ to another:
Bend your rules a little to accomodate another fellow human
why make many enemies, when they all could be your friends at work?
Slow down, and take care of your business
You are in the people business, not the BAR BUSINESS

Good luck with your Karaoke
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

First of all Pizzaman IS NOT MR. MODEL EMPLOYEE. I found out from others that work there after the fact, that he is always trouble. My instincts are correct.

Second of all I had my girlfriend there and several people (friends) that drove over 30 miles to get there. They received no favoritism from me either.

Nobody is going to "help" me ruin my reputation for fairness. If that is how you run your business, then so be it. I have been doing this 15 years, very successfully. My reputation as a high quality KJ is well known. I could be working 14 nights a week if that was possible.

Fellow human beings have no concern for my welfare or income. They have their own agenda. His was to play "bigshot" to possibly get something from them. Nope!!! Not on my dime. Especially for a troublemaker.

I treat every singer exactly the same, whether they are my wife or girlfriend or siblings or friends or perfect strangers or the bar owner. My job is to make the bar and me, money. This can not happen if I decide to be a jerk and cater to certain individuals and ignore the needs of others and my goal of making money.

Your business scruples need examined. I know many unemployed KJs with your idea of running a rotation.

PS I think Pizzaman got fired. :twisted: Wonder Why????

Letting others with no vested interest in your income make your business decisions will ruin you.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

venodos wrote:My advice as one KJ to another:
Bend your rules a little to accomodate another fellow human
why make many enemies, when they all could be your friends at work?
Bad idea. Bending the rules means showing favoritism. Showing favoritism is the fastest way to lose the respect of your singers. Like Bigdog, I take pride in the fact that I NEVER bend the rules for ANYONE.