What else do I need to get started?

Your comments, questions, or opinions on any karaoke related hardware.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
SherylM

What else do I need to get started?

Post by SherylM »

I am unemployed and decided to go back to school full time to get my degree so I can once again be employable in my chosen profession. In the meantime, I thought I could make some extra money as a KJ.

I have a JVC- XL-SV22 machine. I have an old guitar amp (will this work?). I have a wireless mic receiver on order with two microphones, and a 100-disk collection so far.

I've already recorded every track in Excel and have lists by title and by artist that I can print out and copy.

Tips on what else I should have to start out with? I don't want to spend a whole lot of money at first until I have done a few gigs.

Sheryl

It is not necessary to understand music; it is only necessary that one enjoy it.
--Leopold Stokowski
venodos

Post by venodos »

SherylM wrote:I am unemployed and decided to go back to school full time to get my degree so I can once again be employable in my chosen profession. In the meantime, I thought I could make some extra money as a KJ.

I have a JVC- XL-SV22 machine. I have an old guitar amp (will this work?). I have a wireless mic receiver on order with two microphones, and a 100-disk collection so far.

I've already recorded every track in Excel and have lists by title and by artist that I can print out and copy.

Tips on what else I should have to start out with? I don't want to spend a whole lot of money at first until I have done a few gigs.
Hi Sheryl,
There is only ONE way to start a Karaoke business... And that is : Start it Right....
You Cannot go "Cheap" and expect Results...
You will need a Reasonable Amp, GOOD Quality Voice Coil Speakers, and a Fair Microphone:

Audio 2000 has a good line of Karaoke equipments that is not Overpriced..
Perhaps you would like to find out a local Dealer and have a Demo...
But pay in mind.... Of all the equipments.... Your Speaker is the most Important..
Good Luck
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
SherylM

Post by SherylM »

venodos wrote: There is only ONE way to start a Karaoke business... And that is : Start it Right....
You Cannot go "Cheap" and expect Results...
You will need a Reasonable Amp, GOOD Quality Voice Coil Speakers, and a Fair Microphone:

Audio 2000 has a good line of Karaoke equipments that is not Overpriced..
Perhaps you would like to find out a local Dealer and have a Demo...
But pay in mind.... Of all the equipments.... Your Speaker is the most Important..
Good Luck
It's been so long since I posted this message, I thought the forum was dead. I think I will definitely have to go to a brick-and-mortar store because I have no idea what to get as far as mixing board, speakers, etc. I realized the microphones I was getting were cheap (I never realized the difference until a musician friend showed me a good microphone.) I have heard that the speakers are the most important part of the setup, so I will make sure that I get good quality speakers.

Thanks for your reply.
Sheryl

It is not necessary to understand music; it is only necessary that one enjoy it.
--Leopold Stokowski
How to Build a Home Karaoke System