How many run anti-virus programs on your karaoke computers?

Discuss CD+G's, VCD's, song book creators, and any other karaoke related software.
Bigdog

How many run anti-virus programs on your karaoke computers?

Post by Bigdog »

I don't.
I don't want anything clogging up the works with stupid program conflicts. I read a post on another site about error messages that could be coming from A-V stuff. If you keep your karaoke computer off the internet and download from a different computer you don't need it.

letitrip

Post by letitrip »

Being an Information Security professional by trade (my day job), you'll never catch me running a computer without Anti-virus. I do disable the on-access scanning while I'm running a show only to ensure that I have as much disk access and processor resources available to the Karaoke software as possible.

I've seen way to many people with attitudes like yours Bigdog that have fallen victim. Well this PC never goes on the internet and I only put stuff on there I scanned from other PC's. Yeah, heard it all and seen it all before and you know what? They still get infected. Not worth the risk to me.

And if your software has some inherent conflict with A/V tools, then I'd suggest looking at different software because it's gotta be pretty hokey to have that kind of conflict.
Let It Rip Karaoke
DJ Tony
http://www.letitripkaraoke.com