Some KJs

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
Bigdog

Some KJs

Post by Bigdog »

I heard about a KJ that has pictures of her kids come up on the screen in between singers.

First of all that is a private matter. Nobody gives a rats behind about that except maybe a few close friends of hers.

Second of all people don't go to bars to baby sit. They go to bars to get away from the kids for a while.

Thirdly, she only uses one player so the time between songs is at least 1 minute. Can you say boring......That's almost one hour of family pictures per night.

No that's entertainment.

letitrip

Post by letitrip »

To me this is just simply unprofessional. It makes no sense to me why you'd want your singers looking at pictures of your kids anyway but it certainly gives your business a less than business like appearance. Either a plain background or a logo seems to be the most appropriate. Mine switches to my business logo and website address between songs.
Let It Rip Karaoke
DJ Tony
http://www.letitripkaraoke.com
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

letitrip wrote:To me this is just simply unprofessional. It makes no sense to me why you'd want your singers looking at pictures of your kids anyway but it certainly gives your business a less than business like appearance. Either a plain background or a logo seems to be the most appropriate. Mine switches to my business logo and website address between songs.
Or a picture of the next singer so there is no confusion of who is up next. Not that I would do it, but have had situations where I had 4 Joe's in the room.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

GONG SHOW Karaoke.

Just saw it advertized at a local bar. I thought that this fiasco was dead years ago.

No karaoke singer in their right mind is going to go to this and take a chance on being embarrased beyond belief.

The bar owner must think it will draw a big crowd of sadistic nonsingers. Or drunks that don't care.

I would never even try this as a joke. I certainly would never consider it to build a crowd. The KJ that is the host sucks anyway. Terrible system. Small selection. Plays favorites depending on her mood. Sometimes she's nice and when her meds wear off she's Mr Hyde.