WINAMP PLUGINS

Discuss CD+G's, VCD's, song book creators, and any other karaoke related software.
DJHITMAN29

WINAMP PLUGINS

Post by DJHITMAN29 »

Hey all!

I have two versions of Winamp loaded on my laptop and for the most part I've been using Version 5.33(x86) and when I do my karaoke gigs I play on one large flatscreen that is permanent in the venue I normally play in and I bought a small flat screen for in front of the singers. When I open this version of Winamp and play a song two windows open up for the words, one that I can drag onto the screens and one that I have on my desktop for me to follow along.

When I open up Version 5.541 I only get one window opening up with the words. Is there something I've done wrong with respect to plugins or should I just be sticking with the older version of Winamp?

Thank you all for your input once again!

KD :shock:

DJHITMAN29

Post by DJHITMAN29 »

No replies people? If I said something confusing please let me know,,,maybe I need to be more specific???

Thank you! :?
cowboydarryl

Post by cowboydarryl »

not sure what kj program you are using or is it the the kj plugin for win amp?? i use roxbox it requires the older winamp plugin. I had the kj program on my home pc but also had winamp pro it worked but i got error mess. at shut down. the 2 programs may be in conflict?? I no longer run the kj program on my home pc. if the older version works i would stick with that (you know the old saying if it aint broke)lol. maybe someone else has run into this and has a definte answer?? for me the roxbox has the winamp plugin with the download and if you upgrade winamp it creates probloms. I run 2u rack mount pc's that i built so they are used only for kj/dj hope that helps a little
letitrip

Post by letitrip »

There are a couple different plugins on the market so it depends on what you're using. Are you using AutoKDJ (i.e. the free open-source plug-in) or a different package like RoxBox which would have their own plug-in?

I'm real familiar with the AutoKDJ as that is what I use for my show. In that pluig-in (or actually group of plugins) does have a setting where you can tell it whether or not to open up a second video display window.

I've used AutoKDJ on a bunch of different versions of WinAmp without any issues related to the change in versions. Let us know a little bit more about what plugin you're using and we can help more.
Let It Rip Karaoke
DJ Tony
http://www.letitripkaraoke.com
DJHITMAN29

Post by DJHITMAN29 »

Man it sounds like I'm a bit behind the times here. All I'm using is WINAMP with the CDG Plugins with no other programs. Like I said it seems to work with the older version of WINAMP but I was actually thinking about going to something like CompuHost anyways. I keep reading through the forums and there are just so many opinions on what software is the best!!! LOL

One thing right now is that I only do Karaoke on my laptop and my DJ stuff is still with the "OLD" CD method!!! LOL
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

I won't ever use Winamp again since it quit playing over half of my dj songs. I don't like the newest version out there since it doesn't display the list of songs qued. Because of this I switched to CompuHost for my Karaoke/DJ shows and Mp3 mix pro for my DJ only shows. Both work great.