Converting to digital

Discuss CD+G's, VCD's, song book creators, and any other karaoke related software.
td entertainment

Converting to digital

Post by td entertainment »

Hey All.
I am looking to upgrade to digital and have a few questions. I have all of the software I need (compuhost and a ripping program), and am currently ripping all of my 1100 karaoke cd's to cd+g zipped to a hard drive and this is going to take a really long time. I average 12-30 minutes PER disk averaging 17 songs or so.
Has anyone undertaken this task recently? Is this too be expected or is there a quicker method? It will take me over 40 days pretty much ripping 6-8 hours a day.
Thanks.

DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

It depends. If you're wanting perfect rips certain programs do better at slower speeds thus lengthening the process. I prefer PowerKaraoke's CD+G Burner as it can give you perfect rips at max speed of ripping. I took Cher's believe off of the upercore set and ripped it with KJRip N Zip, Audiograbber, PowerKaraoke and Hoster. The first two left artifacts on the screen (dots every so often). The Audio was perfect suggesting that the disc was not dirty or scratched. With the latter two it came out perfect. Since I choose to use the original format for Computerized CD+G software Hoster would not work for me.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

The condition of your discs plays the major factor. If they are scratched you'll get glitches. Garbage in, garbage out. I used a Disc Dr. to polish all of the questionalble discs I had. There are still some files that have glitches. There is nothing like a brand new disc to rip from. I use Kj Rip N Zip. I had to slow the speed some. But I think some of the disc manufactureres are burning there own discs to sell or just using cheap discs to begin with. Lately the POP Hits which is now Chart Hits discs look cheesy. And the rips are not always clean from brand new discs.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Since I switched to powerkaraoke, I have never run into bad rips.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Does Power karaoke work with KJ Pro?
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

No It uses freedb to name the songs. If you have CDGautoname then you can go back and name them since CDGAutoname uses KJPro's database to name the songs. If you originally name the files using the manufacturer's disc Id's then you can use it's Autofind to find the disc in CDGautoname. I can tell you now that both KJPro 1.5 and CDGAutoname work in Vista.