help

Discuss CD+G's, VCD's, song book creators, and any other karaoke related software.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
wiseguy

help

Post by wiseguy »

DJ player?

Posted: Today at 12:26 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have been asked several times to do DJ shows for events.I run Karma from a lap top for our Karaoke shows but it is not really set up to be used as strictly a DJ show.I would like a down load to be able to play my mp3's from an external drive that also has auto play so that I am not tied to the player all night.The player would not need to read the karaoke because we will continue to use Karma for that.If you know of a disk or down load for a reasonable price from the internet or electronic stores,I am open to suggestions.We do not have enough storage on the computer to down load the mp3's ,so that is out of the question.

thanks, [email protected]

Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

I only use external hard drives to hold my music. The only thing on my internal hard drive is just the basics to run the karaoke show. It never goes on the internet.

As far as the set it and forget it mode. I know of several DJs/KJs that did just that. Set up a bunch of songs to play and they walked away to play pool or goof off. The bar owners figured it out and fired them. A juke box can do that. The bar owner wanted these guys to stay behing the machines and at least "look" like they were earning their pay. DJing requires (sometimes) crossfading and such to keep the party going. Different than KJing.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
letitrip

Post by letitrip »

Look at SAM Party DJ, that is what I use for house music and the rare DJ gig. It allows you to setup a playlist, will do manual or auto play. Auto play will play your play list and if it runs out will select songs from your library based on selection criteria that you set. It has two decks and has configurable cross fade between them. It has an "air" and "cue" output so that if you have two sound cards you can send the active song to "Air" (what everyone hears through the PA) and listen to the next song on the "Cue" using your headphones. It has a whole buch of other features as well and works nicely. I used to use the broadcast version of SAM when I ran a radio show (that's where the name DJ Tony came from) and now use SAM Party DJ for my house music and DJ'ing.

I paid around $100 for SAM Party DJ, and that includes future updates and fixes. Additionally, they had a deal where I was able to pay it off in monthly installments which was also very nice. I was able to download it right away for the first month's cost and then 3 more payments and I now have a permanent non-expiring license.

Get more info here: http://www.spacialaudio.com/?page=sam-party-dj
Let It Rip Karaoke
DJ Tony
http://www.letitripkaraoke.com
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

I run DJmix pro which costed me $20 to register. Works great for dj only gigs. I make myself available to all my customers and while I do set up a playlist, it is a flexable situation as I read the room to make sure that what I am playing fits at that moment. My playlists are only guides for me.