Any new gear purchases?

Your comments, questions, or opinions on any karaoke related hardware.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
letitrip

Any new gear purchases?

Post by letitrip »

Just curious if anyone's made any new gear purchases that they're excited to share. It's the beginning of a new year and all my accounting for 2008 is closed out so I've been on a bit of a shopping spree getting some gear that I needed and also some nice-to-haves. I got really nice new speaker cables (12 Gauge, Speakon Connectors :D ), a new vocal monitor and some other stuff, but the one I'm most excited about is a purchase I just made today.

On ebay I picked up a new TC Electronics M One reverb unit for about half of what it is actually worth. These things are sweet!! You'll see M-One's in the racks of many large scale production companies. The M-One gives you a ton of control over the reverb and makes it immediately available as opposed to having to go into complex programming screens to setup a new preset. You can change it on the fly to exactly match the music you're working with at the moment. It's probably over-kill for Karaoke where most of the audience won't detect or truly appreciate the consistency of the reverb to the piece, but I'm pretty happy to be adding it to my arsenal.

So I wanted to share my excitement but also invite others to share theirs about any recent gear purchases they've made. Large or small I'd love to hear what others have been able to add to the rig lately. Any new mics, mixers, etc? Let's hear about it.

Let It Rip Karaoke
DJ Tony
http://www.letitripkaraoke.com