CAVS - Purge HD and Reload

Your comments, questions, or opinions on any karaoke related hardware.
Sabrina59

CAVS - Purge HD and Reload

Post by Sabrina59 »

Here is the issue ... the bar where I go to sing (not host) karaoke has an older model CAVS unit (JB-99). They have about 10,000 songs listed in the books, but, when you get rid of all the duplicates they probably only have about 5,000 unique titles.

The host would like to purge the hard drive and reload the songs without all the duplicates. The songs he wants to put on it are zipped CDG/MP3 files and are currently residing on an external hard drive.

Can this be done?

DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

You probably can't do it the way he wants to do it. I thought you actually had to send the drive out with the music to get it loaded but I am not sure bout that.
Sabrina59

Post by Sabrina59 »

I was reading the manual online and it talks about loading song files and how to do it, so that part can be done. What I'm not sure about is getting rid of everything that is on there and starting over again.
Sabrina the Cat
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

You would use the CAVS Jukebox Manager program that installs on a PC. This program will display the contents of the CAVS hard drive and allow you to select and delete song files.
Sabrina59

Post by Sabrina59 »

Would we need to reformat the files to load on the hard drive and, if so, how?
Sabrina the Cat
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

When the machine was purchased there should have been PC software and a PC to player link cable included. The Jukebox Manager software allows you to convert and transfer files from your PC to the player's hard drive as well as rip song tracks from CDG discs.

The owner of the machine should know all these things as they are basic operating procedures. The information is also readily available on the CAVS site.
Sabrina59

Post by Sabrina59 »

Unfortunately the person who purchased the machine is no longer with the bar and the owner of the bar doesn't know anything about it. I'm just trying to help the host out, and I know nothing about CAVS (in case you haven't noticed). I will print the manual from the CAVS site and go from there.

Thank you for the information. :D