Software for the new computer

Discuss CD+G's, VCD's, song book creators, and any other karaoke related software.

Which one should I use?

RoxBox
40%
JustKaraoke
40%
AutoKDJ
20%

Total votes: 5

Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
DanG2006

Software for the new computer

Post by DanG2006 »

I now have to decide which of the following softwares to use to play my stuff on the new computer.
1:Justkaraoke- plays only karaoke files
2:RoxBox- plays both karaoke and filler (DJ)
3:AutoKDJ- plays both files but must choose which file to play in order meaning I can't jsut play dj after a karoke song if i have singers up.

Out of the three, AutoKDJ has the best rotation software.

I own licenses to both Roxbox and JustKaraoke. AutoKDJ is freeware. so cost is not a factor.
Right now I use COmpuhost on my main computer although I can run JustKAraoke on it as well as I have it loaded on there and it's database is up to date.
I would have to purchase a new installation of Compuhost though so that is why it reallyisn't in the running although it makes sense to use the same program on both computers to train the other user.

DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Okay autokdj is questionable at best since I can't load songs in it on my vista machines. Maybe it will work on an xp one.
letitrip

Post by letitrip »

I'm curious why you're not able to load the songs. I run mine on Vista with no issues at all. I had it on XP previously until my laptop bit the dust and I had to get a new one with Vista pre-loaded. I've not had any problems. I'd be happy to help you try to figure it out if you want, just let me know.
Let It Rip Karaoke
DJ Tony
http://www.letitripkaraoke.com
mwadeson

Post by mwadeson »

I am running Swift Elite 4 Which I love it is the easiest program i have found for my employees and importing is easy
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

I am sticking with software I don't have to pay for the license otherwise I would shell out the money for Karma which is a marraige between AutoKDJ and RoxBox in a standalone package. Hoster would have been one of the choices as well. I own copies of RoxBox and JUstKaraoke which is a sister product to swift elite and AutoKDJ is freeware. May have figured out why AutoKDJ is acting up. Did something wrong in foldmonkey which is a renaming tool that can rename standardized karaoke files to winamp friendly naming convention.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Would be interested in the reasons behind the vote for JustKaraoke after the poll is done.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

after playing around with the files I must have a bad zip plugin in my autokdj install since the only way it will load the songs in is to unzip them.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

If I have one-2-3-10 systems they will all be exactly alike down to the last nut & bolt. Why have different operating systems? That will just confuse things and make it harder for anyone you train to use them and it won't help when it's time to fix or replace anything. I had 3 systems before my divorce and everyone of them had the same equipment. Right down to the cables and how each of them was wired up. I could tell anyone over the phone exactly where to look, what buttons to push or what connection to check.

K.I.S.S.

And if you train someone it won't matter which system they use because they are all the same.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

The laptop I am looking to buy doesn't match the specs that the program I use now will work with. It will however run the above three without issues.
On the nights I train the new host, I'll bring in the new laptop instead of my main one so that they will be trained on what they will be using.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

I also don't have the budget to purchase both a laptop and a new copy of Compuhost. Think I have autokdj sorted out. Kind of like how it deals with filler music.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

I liked autokdj but because it requires me to rename my files I have decided against it. I have actually decided what to run but will wait til the poll closes to announce it.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Pol is closed and I have decided to install RoxBox since I can encript the files so they can't be played anywhere but on that computer.