what's the best software to use?

Discuss CD+G's, VCD's, song book creators, and any other karaoke related software.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
Debs

Post by Debs »

Give Debs Pro Karaoke Player a try! There's a trial version available.

It's simple to use -- and inexpensive to purchase if you like it.

http://www.debssosftware.com

Enjoy,
-Debs

Bobble

Post by Bobble »

DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

You would considering you are the creator :wink:
That said I tested the demo and it's not half bad.
The filler part needs work but aside for that it is actually one of your best products.
Too bad I'm a day late and a dollar short since I still lprefer Compuhost due to it's filler player - I prefer a separate playlist for my Karaoke and filler music.
cmonroe50

Compuhost

Post by cmonroe50 »

DanG2006 wrote:The best high end softaware in my opinion is CompuHost and I have started running it as the second night of running JustKaraoke with winamp I had to restart justKaraoker twice due to crashes. I blame incompatability between winamp and JustKaraoke in the soundcard area. Winamp has started to act up as well on it's own. Did a dj show where in the middle of the show winamp stopped recognizing all but one song. Had to switch to Compuhost to finish the night.
I have tried the trial version of compuhost and I liked it but it was not compatable with my DVD drive and I am told that there aren't very many drives that are. Is this true?
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

no, CDGrip is now compatable with as many of the drives that PowerKaraoke is. A lite-on external should work.
cmonroe50

Post by cmonroe50 »

I think I do like the Compuhost the best I just didn't want to have to buy an external DVD but that being said Pilot Karaoke reccomends Ziglos and says that none of the DVD Drives work with Compuhost. However my computer seems to have a problem with Ziglos. It stops working and closes every time I try to get a song on there. For those of you who have the compuhost what DVD Drive do you use to put your CD+G discs onto your hardrive for use on Compuhost. Then as far as hooking into my TV and surround sound I was hoping to go through my JVC CD+G Karaoke unit so I would have the use of my microphones that way. I have the S Video on my computer. I am talking about Karaoke in my own house and not a show although I would like to maybe do shows as a hobby later on.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Compuhost will not play directly from disc. BUt as long as you have an outside player you can go through a video capture device into compuhost. A little more expensive than a switch box but it looks better as you keep the scrolling marquee even while playing an outside disc. As I said a lite on dvd drive should work. MOst of them are reckognized by both CDGrip and Powerkaraoke's CDG Burner. For songbooks I use Fast Tracks which is compatable with Compuhost just like karaoke pilot is compatable with Siglos. You only need the basic version of Fast Tracks as Compuhost exorts it's database into a csv file that is used to create your database in Fast Tracks.
cmonroe50

microophone Echo

Post by cmonroe50 »

Ok so I downloaded 3 different Karaoke software trials. Compuhost, Ziglos, and Karma. So far the only only one that worked with downloadina a CD+G and actually playing it was the Karma and it had no issues with my computer and I wouldn't have to buy a DVD external drive. Here is the issue once I got it all working on my TV and surrond sound. I used a 4 channel mixer from radio shack for use of the microphones. It sounded terrible and there is no echo capabilities. My wireless microphone has way too much feed back. Could it be the mixer causing my problems. When I used the same microphone through my Karaoke CD+G system it sounded alot better whats the deal.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

put the mike mixer between the computer and the surround sound. for about $49 you can get a behringer mike mixer that is pretty good, has echo or reverb at http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/pr ... sku=182042
cmonroe50

mixer

Post by cmonroe50 »

I ordered a Karaoke mixer from Ace Karaoke that sounds similiar. I hope it works. I am still leaning towards the Karma but Microstudio is good at importing the songs too.
cmonroe50

Post by cmonroe50 »

Ok so Karma gets my vote bobble...... I purchased it. I thought I could copy my CD+Gs with this one. but it appears I still need a CD+G burner. Is this true. I am having alot of difficulty putting these songs into the media. Please help
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

I think the issues may be how the file is named. If it has _ where spaces are supposed to be then you'll have problems getting the songs to import into the database. Karma is one program that isn't finicky on how you name it to import it. To get the info into the correct fields is another story. To import discs if your present drive does not work then you need to pick up an external. Lite ons are good drives and will work with Powerkaraoke's burner.
cmonroe50

Karma issue

Post by cmonroe50 »

I was able to use the power CD+G trial burner with the karma. Now it doesnt seem to want to work. I bought this one so I wouldnt have to get an external burner.
cmonroe50

Karma Karaoke software users??????

Post by cmonroe50 »

Ok I am slowly learning how to use this. The instructions are crap. Anyway. How do you get the song you are searching for in your database to show up on a master screen. If I put it into a categor such as country...I then can only search for the song in country. I hope that this doesn't mean that I should have set up a sub folder ahead of time. Anyway help!!!! As long as I have everything under Karaoke category i can find it but if I want to specify it as Country or oldies etc it will only come up in the search if I have that media specified.