Burning Karaoke

Discuss CD+G's, VCD's, song book creators, and any other karaoke related software.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
sadie

Burning Karaoke

Post by sadie »

Hi,

I'm a newbie here and this is really an awesome forum. I am looking for help concerning burning karoke mp3's and cdg (lyrics) that i would like to be able to play them on my home karoke system and not on my computer.

I read here in the tutorial section about how to go about doing that with software called "Power CDG+ Burner" but i don't have the money to purchase it

Is there any freeware, shareware software that would allow me to do this? What i'm simply trying to do is take all my karaoke mp3's with the cdg (lyrcis) and burn them some way so i can sing along with them while seeing the lyrics on my home karaoke machine. I have the singing machine karaoke system which reads dvd, mp3's, etc.

I was reading that you need to convert, encode, rip, bin, etc and am totally lost. Any help i would be most grateful for. Thank you in advance. :wink:

Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

I just bought an HP mini computer for $350 and there are even cheaper models too. Sweet deal. I have Sax & Dottys ($45) downloaded with the Winamp, lyric plug in and the key changer plug in and it plays zipped karaoke mp3s from my backup USB external hard drive.

1.6 gig processor, 1000 gigs of ram, Windows XP. The songs play back perfect. This computer can handle it.

Hook up your external speakers to the laptop headphone jack and you could view the songs on the laptop screen.

It's better than messing around making discs. If you bought the cheaper laptop you could do it all for about $300.

Computer karaoke is so much easier and you don't have to worry about handling the discs.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Power CD+G Burner is only $39.00 and well worth it. There was a way to do this with freeware that required several programs (not sure if all of them are still available) but would work with only certain burners.
sadie

Post by sadie »

Hi wiseguy,

If i purchase the Power CD+G Burner then is this all the software i would need to convert the karaoke mp3's and cdg lyrics so i could burn them to a disk and play them on my home karaoke system?

Also is this software compatible to most computers. I don't want to buy it and then find out that it won't work in achieving burning the karaoke's like i want to.

Thanks for answering my post.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Power CD+G Burner will encode the MP3+G files "on the fly" and burn a karaoke CDG disc that will play in a standard karaoke machine. I suggest that you try the demo copy to make sure that it works with your burner before purchasing the full version.
sadie

Post by sadie »

again thanks adminstrator (wiseguy) you've been very helpful. I will do that. :mrgreen: