Acesonic KM111 USB sound issues?

Your comments, questions, or opinions on any karaoke related hardware.
cmonroe50

Acesonic KM111 USB sound issues?

Post by cmonroe50 »

I got a Acesonic USB microphone mixer amp. Woked great till all of a sudden the sound went to crap I re-plugged it via the line jacks and not the USB connection. Now its fine. It seems the USB connection went bad on the KM111 unit. Anyone else have this problem. I have sent a email to tech support but haven't heard back yet.

letitrip

Post by letitrip »

Don't have one myself, but there could be a whole host of options for what might be causing your issue. It could be as simple as your USB cable, those USB interfaces are very finicky. Could be an issue with your PC. If anything is causing latency in the USB transfer, that can cause issues. Even high CPU utilization on your PC could cause this. It could also be as you speculate, a problem with the interface on the mixer-amp. Do you have a second PC that you could try installing it on and confirm that the problem exists in the device and that it isn't PC related?
Let It Rip Karaoke
DJ Tony
http://www.letitripkaraoke.com
cmonroe50

Post by cmonroe50 »

Thats a good idea if I can put my Karma program on my husbands Mac and see if I have the same issue then I could at least know if it is my computer and it's USB or not.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

All you need to test it with your mac is the song file, like an mp3. You don't need Karma which is windows based from what I remember.
cmonroe50

Post by cmonroe50 »

thanks
cmonroe50

Post by cmonroe50 »

Couldnt test it with my husbands mac. Just wouldn't work at all. I am not knowledgable of the settings on mac and maybe it was not set up right. I have still not had any contact from the manufacturers of the Acesonic KM111 there tech support is non existent. They don't answer the phone or email. I even contacted the store and told them this and they tried to connect me. I was on hold for a long time and then they took my number. Well the bottom line is it does work from the rca jack via headphone and microphone. Luckily I have S video on my computer and it works that way. The mixer was only 49.00 so I guess I cant expect too much. I just wanted the best possible sound. It is ok for me. If I ever got really into this I would probably get a computer karaoke ready computer and a better amp.