Advertising Mistakes

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

karyoker wrote::) K So wat r ur secrets?
Secrets are things that you don't tell anyone. :wink:

karyoker

Post by karyoker »

<title>The Karaoke Forum</title>
<meta name="keywords" content="karaoke forum,karaoke message board">
<meta name="description" content="Join our karaoke forum. Topics on every aspect of karaoke.">

LOL I couldnt believe this all the key words in your header. Cmon Wiseguy give us a hint..
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Here's a hint. Meta tags have virtually nothing to do with search engine rankings.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

I disagree with Bigdog on a lot, and I don't like his attitude toward Karaoke singers or other KJ's, but he's got a right to express his opinion.

The only problem I have with singers are the ones that think they should take over the show by singing all of the F bomb songs known to man. Just because they think it's cute.

My only problem with KJs are the undercutters and jerks that don't have any interest in promoting quality karaoke. And doing it as cheaply as possible. Which in the long run hurts us all.

I heard a couple the other night watching me bring in my system. The guy said to her, all this equipment just for karaoke. The mentality created by the above mentioned KJs. Meaning the only karaoke they have ever attended was done by some jerks that cared nothing about their presentation. This keeps us under paid from what we should and could be making. Anything more than the most basic karaoke system is good enough. Seems to be the rule for the majority of the KJs and that is what I detest. How it reflects on me and includes me in their pitiful reputation. Any quality KJ should feel the same.
letitrip

Post by letitrip »

Ahh BD, not true. You've repeatedly on this forum made it clear you have no interest in anyone but those you consider "serious" karaoke singers. Personally, I love the singers who've never done it before, come up and do lousy job destroying a classic Janis Joplin tune and have a great time in doing it. To me that's what Karaoke is all about. Giving people who typically would have no likelihood of getting on stage to sing in front of a group the chance to do exactly that. Lest we forget what the word Karaoke means in the first place. That's the part of your attitude toward singers I don't like.

As far as other KJ's, undercutters and jerks aren't your only problem. You have extreme disdain, that you've displayed repeatedly on both forums, for anyone who doesn't do Karaoke exactly the way you do. And in your mind, no one else can possibly have a different way of doing it that is right. That's what I have an issue with there.

As far as your last paragraph, I always smile when I get comments like that. People often think I'm setting up for a band when I arrive. When they find out it's all for a Karaoke show I get the reactions like you mentioned above but it makes me feel good. You're always going to have KJ's at all ends of the spectrum. When I hear comments like that, it's just confirmation for me that I'm at the end of the spectrum I want to be and that's near or at the top. It's fun showing people who profess to hate Karaoke how much better it can actually be. For me I'm not so worried about what people think of me just because of what they know of KJ's over all. All I care about is that once they've seen my show, they know I don't fit into that stereotype that they have. It's a sense of pride and accomplishment that I get.
Let It Rip Karaoke
DJ Tony
http://www.letitripkaraoke.com
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

I never said I don't like new singers or bad singers. I said I attract people with more talent and more seiousness about karaoke. I get new singers all the time and I welcome them.

I have had many bar owners tell me that they would rather not hear certain people sing again. Because of the songs they sing or because of their lack of talent. Let me make it perfectly clear...I would NEVER tell anyone they can't sing again because of their lack of talent. Never have and never will.

What I hate is the screaming drunks that seem to show up at most of my competition. Or the ones that want to inject their own F words when they are clearly not on the screen. My idea of a great night out isn't listening to screaming drunks. I would rather listen to people that can sing. It makes for a more enjoyable night.

I hate KJs that make it look bad for all of us by using cheap crappy sounding equipment and doing all other things that good KJs don't do. Which keeps "our" fees lower than they should be.

As far as people that think karaoke is going to to start we have to leave. They never stay to hear that I can actually do karaoke as it should be and not what they have heard and associate with karaoke. The ones that do stay are supprised.