Non paying customers

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Oh well didn't last one hour much less a night. Last night the bartender kept forgetting to give the singers their ticket. One good thing though, they have posted no loitering signs in the place and are enforcing it while keeping that oout of my responsability.

spotlightjr

Post by spotlightjr »

Yeah Dan everyone has to be on the same page or its pretty difficult to enforce. We actually had to have a meeting with the staff and owner prior to that night's show to ensure a smooth transition. As I said before, I've seen it work and I've seen it not. Keep up the good fight
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

On the same subject kinda.....

Do you think the shopping malls should stop the "Mall Walkers" from using it as a high cost indoor track field? They are sucking up the heat in the winter and air conditioning in the summer and I'm sure they don't support the mall everyday they are there...At least enough to pay for the climate controlled track. And what about their rest room trips?

Bar traffic on an entertainment night should be a welcomed thing. I have seen many people turn around and leave because they have no place to sit. Sometimes it's because the tables are still full of the garbage from the last people to sit there. Sometimes people are hogging up all the chairs with their stuff. If I see tables that could be used for others I try to get them cleaned up or get some chairs opened up.

That should be part of your job, not deciding who should sing for not buying a drink.

Bar owners make a ton of business killing mistakes on a regular basis. Bad bartenders, being the biggest. They must take failure classes.

Do you think because a deabeat is entertaining they should make an exception?

Are the deadbeats traveling from karaoke bar to karaoke bar to see how many times they can sing each night without buying a drink? Do they disappear after they sing? I don't see many of them. Only one I can think of. But sometimes he does buy a pop.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

The mall walkers are window shopping in a way and they could actually make a purchase after seeing a certain item numerous times.

Loafing in any establishment that has staff that works for tips should not be tolerated. It's why restaurants like fast turnovers. The day long coffee drinkers kill their business for the most part. Unless it's during off peak times but during dinner hour it would be a real killer.

I would say if the dead beats aren't buying drinks...put out the free salty chips and pretzels. If they are true dead beats they will suck up the free eats and become so parched they will have to buy a drink. 8)

I would try that before I got to the point of kicking them out.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

not gonna be my problem anymore because as of tomorrow, I am out of there. It's not because of the non customers though.

Let me preface this by saying that 99.9% of all the incidents at this bar happen when I am not there but when they have a freestyle dj so I guess I'm making Bigdog's point about type of music drawing the wrong crowd. Anyway:

http://www.rep-am.com/News/411384.txt
Sabrina59

Post by Sabrina59 »

That didn't happen while you were there did it? Wow. Things like this always distress me. Two young men have lost their lives, not to mention what their families are going through.

What's interesting is that both seemed to be nice guys; at least according to the article and comments. Makes one wonder what happened.

I don't think I would keep my job there either, Dan.
Sabrina the Cat
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

If you have a drunk crowd or drug crowd as regulars...you're doomed for trouble on a regular basis. It attracts all the other A$$holes in the neighborhood too.

I'm looking for a new job now, but I'm not taking a job anywhere just to have a job. I will be very selective of the job, the town, the neighborhood, the other entertainment on other nights and the regular clientele.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

I'm looking outside the DJ business. I'm keeping my system and doing private parties only but no more bars. I have enough contacts in nonalcoholic stuff that I can afford to be picky over who I do it for. Oh and it happened on a night I am not there. I was there Thursday and Saturday nights and the incident happened last Friday night or the wee hours of Saturday.