Has anybody had this problem??

Discuss CD+G's, VCD's, song book creators, and any other karaoke related software.
Sandi

Has anybody had this problem??

Post by Sandi »

I have a karaoke disc which somehow had close to 4000 songs (1,900 in spanish and about the same in english). I don't know what format it's in. I've been using this disc for karaoke, and as any itelligent person would do , I backed it up on my computer just in case. Well, as fate would have it, the CD broke. I thought it would be a matter of just burnig a CD but I have no idea how to do it because all the files don't fit back on one CD. Somehow it's about 7GB of information ... it contains data, font, toc, mpv and ffr files.
Does anyone know how to get all these damn files back on one CD? :?:
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

It sounds like you may have a dual layer DVD disc. What is the brand name and title of the disc?
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
Sandi

Post by Sandi »

It's indiscernible. My brother stepped on it and it cracked into 'bout a hundred pieces. :cry:
letitrip

Post by letitrip »

Yes, the only disc capable of holding 7GB of data would be a Dual-Layer DVD. You have to buy the right media and have a DVD burner that supports Dual Layer DVD-R.
Let It Rip Karaoke
DJ Tony
http://www.letitripkaraoke.com
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Why do you want to put all your eggs back into one basket. If you can get them on several CDs (discs), if one breaks you're not totally out of business.
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

Actually, it sounds much more like a Kwizoke disc.

4000 tracks, even at just over 2Mb each would NOT fit on a dual layer DVD; at 2.5Mb, absolutely not.

However, Kwizoke uses a bespoke Midi type algorithm and can have 1000's of tracks on a CD, never mind a DVD.

The problem is that they can only be played on, would you believe, CDTV players that are getting very scarce, nowadays.

Sandy