Numbered Song Titles?

Discuss CD+G's, VCD's, song book creators, and any other karaoke related software.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
DJHITMAN29

Numbered Song Titles?

Post by DJHITMAN29 »

Hello again everyone. I'm looking through my karaoke files and I have alot of music that is "numbered" as opposed to being actually named so for instance I have something like 20001.cdg with 20001.mp3. I've listened to a couple of these and found out what song they were but when I type the name of the song into Winamp of course it won't find the song unless I type in "20001".

I have over 36,000 files(18,000 songs) numbered like this. Now my question finally is this. Does any of the actual "Karaoke Software" read these files and give them names or would I have to physically go through them and figure out what every freakin song is and rename all of them??? Ahahahahahahaha,,,and if you tell me that I'll DIE on the spot!!! Pffft!!! :shock:

wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

I'm afraid you're a goner :shock: Karaoke discs do not contain any information about the song tracks. Unless the mp3 ID tags contain the needed data, you better get busy typing.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
Marlena

Post by Marlena »

what about sax and dotty's cdg auto renamer, would that help?
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

His file names are not conventional looking. So I highly doubt that any program would be able to automatically name them.

When you go through and name them, click open the file and you just have to name the first file.

If you open them and see 2 files go back until you see just the single file. and name it. Them both will be named. I hope you understand what I'm trying to say.
DJHITMAN29

Post by DJHITMAN29 »

Bigdog,,,are you saying to rename them from inside Winamp or just in the folder itself? I think the only way to open one file so that it renames both would be through the program right?

Marlena,,,I don't know enough about Sax & Dotty's so I'll have to look into that thank you!

Thanks all for trying and replying! :?
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

I don't know the answer to that. Can you open the files individually in Winamp? I don't know anything about that. I can rename them by going into the hard drive and finding the master Karaoke file and opening that and then opening the disc folder, then opening the song tracks - right click on rename and do it there.

All of my files are compressed. When I open a disc folder (a folder that contains the songs of one complete disc EX AH-8001) I will see all 14-15 songs as individual song tracks, 1 through 15. If I open song #1, I see 2 files, the graphic file and the music file.

If I want to rename/name song track #1, I just open the disc to see all 14-15 songs and right click on a song track to rename it. (EX. Brooks, Garth - Friends In Low Places) In the SAX & Dottys Hoster it comes up>>> Brooks, Garth - Friends In Low Places - DK076 - 01) When I am done and open the song track, both the graphic file and the music file will be named. You shouldn't have to name each graphic and music file separately. Just the song track file. Understand?

But that might not be how you have to do it. I have a computer guru help me with this stuff. :idea:
DJHITMAN29

Post by DJHITMAN29 »

Thank you very much Doggie and everyone,,,I'll work on it some more,,,may take me years,,,but I'll get it done!!! LOL
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

A program called Tag&Rename will happily rename files from the Tag info.

It will batch process loads of files at a time.

HTH,
Sandy
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

mnementh wrote:A program called Tag&Rename will happily rename files from the Tag info.

It will batch process loads of files at a time.

HTH,
Sandy
This would only work if the mp3 files had ID2 or ID3 tags that held the song track information. I don't think that's the case here.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

if the name is the dsicmanufacturer's numbering then CDGAUtoname with the KJPro database should be able to rename the files. Not sure where you can get CDGautoname though.
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

Hi DanG2006,
have you checked the ID2 & ID3 tags of your files?

If they correctly identify your tracks, then Tag&Reb=name will name the files for you.

If, however as Wiseguy seems to think, there is no Tag info., then you're in the wilderness, I suspect.

Sandy.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

I have cdgautoname so I'm fine in this area.