New karaoke disc maker.. Same old songs.. What's the point?

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
wiseguy
Site Admin

New karaoke disc maker.. Same old songs.. What's the point?

Post by wiseguy »

All Star Karaoke is another recent karaoke CD+G manufacturer on the scene, and as usual, releases the same old songs that are available on many other discs. Wouldn't you think that it would be more prosperous to release songs that nobody else has. Even if they're not top forty hits there are tons of great songs that are not yet available.

Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Just so happens I had this conversation with Zoom and I addressed this issue with them after I received an email about their "newest" disc releases. Loaded with the same old same old.

According to them, they are going after the home market. And these are the songs people want. Because of their popularity. Zoom feels they can make more money selling these same songs to this market.

I mentioned companies like Lost Classics that made totally new songs. And I mentioned that KJs are looking for new music, not 5 more different versions of Elvis songs. :roll:

But then again Lost Classics is gone. Did they make their money back???

So I don't count on any of these companies to cater to people like us with new music. We apparently are a minority market.

Maybe those over-done songs are very cheap to use.