Group named Tootsie????

Can't find a certain song? Maybe someone here can help.
Bigdog

Group named Tootsie????

Post by Bigdog »

DK Karaoke has a song by a group named Tootsie. Clairification...KJ Pro lists it as such.

DK 38-15 ....Jeannie With The Light Brown Hair

I have changed the listing to "Standard" in my book. Listening to it sounds like it's from days of Yore... :lol:

Was there ever a group called Tootsie? Or is it TYPO... :roll:

DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

My girlfriend, who knows older music better than I do says it is a standard and never heard of a band called Tootsie although Fast Tracks lists it as such as well. Think DK may have listed it as well as Tootsie.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

It seems like they'll pick any old name to be the artist of an old standard song. Why not just list them with the song writer as the artist which in this case would be Stephen Foster.
Sabrina59

Post by Sabrina59 »

I looked on the Music Book Deluxe site and they have no listings for a group named "Tootsie". When I search by song title, all I see is "Standards/Traditional". When I click on DK038 it lists the song but the artist is Standards/Traditional.

I thought perhaps it was from the movie of the same name, but Google says no. In fact, Google could not find a group by that name.
Sabrina the Cat
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Listing it as the song writer wouldn't be much help.

Singers never know the name of the song or the artists half the time. They will never know the writer. And the writer most times can't sing. :lol:
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

I would prefer the song writer to simply making up an artist. Of course you could list any old song as done by Elvis or Sinatra and nobody would question it being that these two recorded every song they ever heard (none of them their own).