Eminem concert

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
Bigdog

Eminem concert

Post by Bigdog »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090520/ap_ ... _free_show

I'd love to see a picture of the audience.. :roll:

It just so happens that he has an new album coming out that day....Hmmmmmm :roll:

Can you spell publicity stunt...had nothing to do with helping out of work people.

More like helping out of work ...him. :wink:

Sabrina59

Post by Sabrina59 »

I. DON'T. LIKE. HIM.

Absolutely he is doing this for his own benefit. I don't know that he ever has, or ever will, think of anyone else.

(Just my opinion. I don't know him personally. THANK GOD!!)
Sabrina the Cat
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Free concert...I would rather kill myself.... :shock:

That music probably put everyone deeper into their depression.

Cop killin, dope dealing, gun totin, woman degrading....yeah give me more..
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

Sadly a buddy of mine's daughter is a Goth and worships the ground he slimes over.

Music? Bah Humbug! In the words of the great Jack Nicholson, "I'd rather stick needles in my eyes" :?

Sandy
Sabrina59

Post by Sabrina59 »

Oh, but he dares to be different and won't let "The Man" put him down!

I read recently that his mother is dying of cancer and he won't go see her, or even let his daughter see her. As a grandmother myself, I think it is completely heartless to deny a grandparent a relationship with their grandkids.
Sabrina the Cat
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Bigdog wrote:Can you spell publicity stunt...had nothing to do with helping out of work people.

More like helping out of work ...him. :wink:
Eminem is one of the most successful song writer/performers ever. He does not need to do another concert or release another album to live the rest of his life a very rich man.

Before you accuse him of being selfish maybe you should check out some of his charities like the Eight Mile Boulevard Association, the Marshall Mathers Foundation, and ninemillion.org.

What have you done for you fellow man lately?

Sabrina59 wrote:I read recently that his mother is dying of cancer and he won't go see her, or even let his daughter see her. As a grandmother myself, I think it is completely heartless to deny a grandparent a relationship with their grandkids.
His mother was an alcoholic and drug addict who abused him as a child. That's what I would call "heartless". You might want to know some facts before passing judgment.
Sabrina59

Post by Sabrina59 »

Have you heard of forgiveness? This is the woman who gave him life and, if what I read is correct, helped raise his daughter. Apparently she was good enough to be in his life before he made his millions; what's the difference now?

"The Eight Mile Boulevard Association (8MBA) revitalizes and promotes the Eight Mile transportation, business and residential corridor (between I-94 and I-275) by linking the efforts of the public and private sectors"

"The Marshall Mathers Foundation's mission is to provide funds for organizations working with at-risk youth in southeast Michigan and throughout the U.S."

"The ninemillion.org campaign was created in 2006 by the UN refugee agency (UNHCR) in partnership with Nike and Microsoft.

The goal of the campaign is to give more than nine million children better access to education, sport and technology by 2010.

The ninemillion.org website exists to raise funds, but also to give voice to those who often go unheard, allowing visitors to see pictures of the camps where children pass much of their lives, read refugee children's stories and understand what refugee children's lives are like."

In answer to your question, I have always done volunteer work within my community and make cash donations when I can.

Perhaps he is not as bad as I thought. But to play the devil's advocate, just because he is successful does not mean his isn't a jerk. And his donations could be for tax purposes rather than humanitarian reasons.

I am the first to admit that I have passed judgement on him because of the music he has written. If it walks like a duck and sounds like a duck ...
Sabrina the Cat
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

A charity is a charity. They are all there to help out mankind in some way. Eminem pours a lot of money into charities and he also invests his personal time into them which is something he gets no tax break for.

The dark lyrics of Eminem's songs that you despise so much come from the anger instilled in him by his mother's abuse. Now you want to condemn the creation and pity the creator.
Sabrina59

Post by Sabrina59 »

Nope ... won't buy that argument. HE is responsible for his actions, not his mother. Unfortunately there are many, many people in this country who have had abusive childhoods yet they grow up to be perfectly normal, respectful adults.

One of my pet peeves is individuals not taking responsibility for their actions. They always want to blame it on someone else. Yes, his mother was responsible for creating an angry child, but that child is now an adult. How old is he now? Certainly old enough to get over it.

Like I posted earlier, he didn't mind her helping out with the child before he made the bucks. If my mother was that bad she wouldn't be around my children at all.

It is certainly not my intention to argue with you regarding this young man and I apologize for offending you. Yes, I do despise his lyrics and have judged him strictly on those lyrics. I do appreciate that you mentioned his charity work. I must admit that I despise him less now than before. But, I will believe to the end that he could at least bring his daughter to visit his mom before she dies.
Sabrina the Cat
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Maybe his charity work is a result of a guilty conconscience from the violence and other negative actions and messages his filty music causes.

NEVER be in my song book. Will never intentionally buy any of his songs. I don't care if he was giving the money to me. :shock: