Question of KJ ethics?

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
Bigdog

Question of KJ ethics?

Post by Bigdog »

I work a Friday night job. They where thinking about getting me to replace the Saturday night KJ. It's looks like he will be replaced by a fancy new jukebox.

Here is the question.

I may be able to get a Saturday night job right down the road.

Should I as a professional KJ be worried about how my being down the road will impact the business of the bar I work at on Fridays. I am certain that I could draw most of the Saturday crowd down the road.

Do you think the bar owner would have a right to be upset about my playing a different night down the road and taking business away from them???? When they know full well I was open and available and actually negotiated the starting price with them.

I say they had their chance and BLEW IT.

Should I feel bad or concerned about what happens to their Saturday crowd?

Should I skip the other job to keep peace and potential hard feelings?

Sabrina59

Post by Sabrina59 »

The bar owner would have absolutely no right to be upset if you take a job down the road.

Even if you draw most of the Saturday crowd to the new show, you will probably draw some of the Friday crowd of the new bar to your old Friday show. I say it works out.

The owner had his chance to hire you but chose not to. His loss. I wouldn't skip the other job. We all need to eat and pay the bills.
Sabrina the Cat
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Right now, me on Friday is their biggest money night. So if it all goes down, their Saturday could turn to crap and guess whose fault that makes it??? 8)

One more thing...it's never the bar owners fault about anything. :wink:
Moonrider

Post by Moonrider »

Bigdog wrote:Right now, me on Friday is their biggest money night. So if it all goes down, their Saturday could turn to crap and guess whose fault that makes it??? 8)

One more thing...it's never the bar owners fault about anything. :wink:
If this is the same bar mentioned in the "concern" thread . . .

The owner broke off negotiations. not you.

If you would rather do Saturdays there, call and tell him you've been offered the day at the new bar, but want to make sure he *didn't* want you that night before accepting since the two of you had previously discussed it.

If he says yes, you have the night there. If he says no, you have a night a the new place, a clear conscience, and when Saturday night tanks at the old place, a bar owner learning a hard lesson
Last week, I went to Philadelphia, but it was closed.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

There are several factors to consider here.

Yes it's the same bar. But, I think they have heir mind made up with the fancy new jukebox. The "human" replacement. They have already said they are afraid to fire him because they don't want him to quit Thursday night he DJs.

He's in control... :roll:

Another issue is... I would like to see if I can get a good night going at the other bar because of a personal ego thing. To prove to a KJ that worked both places and failed that it's him, the reason for failure. :twisted: His brother and friends would be part of my new crowd. :lol: He wants to get my Friday job really bad... :lol: And another company wants the Saturday real bad. CUT THROAT SITUATION. :shock:

The main issue is STUPID bar owners never learn lessons concerning the making and losing of money. So we will continue to lose a ton of money so we don't pi$$ off the guy that is losing it for us... :idea: :roll: :lol: :mad:

I :heart: Bar owners.. :lol: